Mexican citizenship

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Jun 8, 2007.

1. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I thought we should start a separate thread for the Mexican citizenship stuff, get it away from the FM3 chat.

So, what do you need?

Depends on how you are going to get it. Marriage, Mexican children or length of time in Mexico, they all have slightly different requirements. Having talked to a few people who have done this, they say that it is a completely different experience than Imm, much more helpful people in the office and much simpler. It takes time for approval, but there are less hoops to jump through.

Here's the links for all types of naturalization...
    http://www.sre.gob.mx/tramites/nacionalidad/default.htm

Jen.... The letter does not have to be in "legalese", just a simple statement of your ins and outs from the country in the last two years (if you've had any). Your husband should be able to write that up in a jiffy.

Now, the SRE has an English version of the page, but I am confused because it asks for something different than the Spanish page. A totally different application form, for the same process. (This is for naturalization for having a Mexican child, not sure if it's the same for marriage, etc..). Any opinions on what I should do? I was going to just go by the Spanish page and use the one application form, but a part of me is saying to do both, bring both, CYA if you know what I mean. The Spanish page asks for form DNN-3, English page asks for DNN-4 which does not have as many details as the DNN-3.

Ok, anyone else want to contribute their two cents or advice? Experiences? Recommendations? I am hoping to get my lazy butt into the office next week, Rivergirl and I chatted about being application buddies to inspire ourselves to actually do it, will keep you posted on the process.

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just FYI, here's the English list of requirements....

This certificate is issued to foreigners who can demonstrate that they have children who are Mexican by birth and that they have been living in Mexico for the two years immediately prior to the date of their naturalization application.

R E Q U I R E M E N T S

Form DNN-4.. This form must be typed. Attach the required documents as indicated in forms DNN-9, DNN-10, DNN-11, or DNN-12, according to the way in which you are going to acquire the naturalization.

Original and two copies of your valid immigration document that was issued by the proper authorities and that demonstrates your residence in Mexico as established by article 20, part I, clause b) of the Law of Nationality (two years).

Original y two photocopies of your foreign passport or of your identity document and travel documents.

A certified copy of the birth certificate of the Mexican children by birth issued by the Mexican civil registry office.

A recent color photograph, passport size, full face, with a white background.

And the Spanish site says this..... (same process, different requirements)

Este documento se expide a los extranjeros que acrediten tener hijos mexicanos por nacimiento y comprueben una residencia de dos años inmediatamente anteriores a la fecha de la solicitud.

R E Q U I S I T O S

Forma DNN-3 contestada a máquina con copia y adjuntar los requisitos que se indican.

a).- Exhibir el original y dos fotocopias del documento migratorio vigente, expedido por la Secretaría de Gobernación, con el que acredite que ha residido en el país durante dos años inmediatos anteriores a la fecha de solicitud, el cual deberá tener una vigencia mínima de seis meses, posteriores a la presentación de la solicitud;

b).- Declaración bajo protesta de decir verdad, suscrita por el interesado de las entradas y salidas del territorio nacional, que realizó durante los dos últimos años;

c).- Presentar original y dos fotocopias del pasaporte extranjero o, en su caso, del documento de identidad y viaje, vigentes;

d).- Copia certificada del acta de nacimiento expedida por la oficina del registro civil mexicano u oficina consular mexicana de los hijos mexicanos por nacimiento, expedida conforme a lo establecido en las disposiciones aplicables;

e).- Entregar una fotografía a color tamaño pasaporte (4.5 x 3.5 cms.) con fondo blanco, de frente, sin anteojos, cabeza descubierta, reciente y tomada con una anterioridad no mayor de treinta días, y

f).- Comprobante de pago de derechos correspondiente.

ARTÍCULO 26.- Por los servicios que se presten en materia de nacionalidad y naturalización, a que se refiere el artículo 30 de la Constitución Política de los Estados Unidos Mexicanos y la legislación aplicable, se pagará el derecho de trámite de nacionalidad y naturalización, conforme a las siguientes cuotas:

I.- En las cartas de naturalización a las que se refiere la fracción I del Apartado B del citado precepto constitucional: (CARTAS DE NATURALIZACIÓN VÍA RESIDENCIA Y PRIVILEGIADA)

Ver costos y tiempos.

Este pago se debe realizar en una forma SAT 5 de La Secretaría de Hacienda y Crédito Público, en cualquier sucursal bancaria o bien realizar el pago por medios electrónicos en las instituciones de crédito certificadas para tal fin, a través de sus portales de Internet o en las ventanillas bancarias, utilizando "la hoja de ayuda para el pago en ventanilla bancaria".

Inicio de trámites vía Internet

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got it for length of time.

Don't go to the site, they had told me at that time that the DNN- is useless. I didn't understand exactly why. But for sure they are nice and helpful at the office.

I can give my modest experience if that can help someone.

4. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just to update this a little as I went this morning.
    The DNN form must be completed in type and also on the same page (both sides). Ie the DNN form I printed filled two pages - but when you complete it, you must print the second page on the reverse side of page one.

Also the payment is now made in full rather than in two parts. Before you would have to pay something like $1300 pesos first and then the difference when it's accepted. Now you have to pay in full to bring the process.

Hope this helps!

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Jen, keep up the updates as you get them, great to have the inside scoop before I get down there next week.

6. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am glad you made it, Jen, and hopefully you will go to the end.

They ask for the payment upfront now????? :evil: So, if for whatever reason (probably not those who are married to a Mexican) you are not accepted, they have all the money. What a shame :mad: How would you call that?

7. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes, that's what he told me. If for some reason it's denied you lose all the money. :evil:

8. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anyone have a super nice, helpful specific contact over there?

Homeboy got his passport months ago, but his middle name was spelled wrong. So he had to go over there yesterday and they said that the correction would take 3-5 business days. He went home to get his itinerary and she accepted it, and said that might speed things up.

We are travelling MONDAY and I'm having a heart attack that I'll have to change his flight.

9. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi peeps,
    Thought I would update this as I gave all my paperwork in today.
    A couple of points:

I hadn't read the form properly and you are not supposed to sign it until you give it in. I had signed mine but it didn't seem to be a problem. But if one day they are having a bad day, you never know!!

There didn't seem to be any indication of how many copies you need of the bank receipt, well it's three.

You can take your pics just next door to the RE office, 4 photos for 50 pesos and they are ready in minutes.

Once you give in your paperwork you will receive by e-mail, the website, password and your case number. So then you can go in at any time and see how it's all coming along. The form I had said in three months you should receive a reply, but it's actually 6.

So, hope this helps anyone doing thiers.
    Now just have to wait..... and wait.... and wait ..... :lol:

10. jenleib

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's all you do here! You get a totally different philosophy after a few years... if you can adjust.

Yes, you can get pictures next door, photocopies too, so if you don't have enough, it's not a big deal. But it seems they have greatly improved their service :p When I requested for mine, you couldn't follow it on internet. Let's see if it works. Yes, it has always been 6 months. Then about 6 more. Or is it now 6 in total?

Congrats, let's cross our fingers.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice