Membership Info Needed, Please.

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by California_Couple, Dec 28, 2020.

1. erinagogo

erinagogo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +94 / 0
    Oh HELL no!!!! $80k????

I bought mine a year ago for $16.5k for 350 nights over 25 years. Their financing rate is 13% for 5 years so if you can do cash obviously that's the best. I originally bought the trendy rooms for something like $13k but I didn't like them so upgraded to Bash Ocean View for another $3k.

Off the top of my head, you get a discounted rate (couples $250-300 a night depending on season), a butler (who you need to tip but it's nice to have someone on call for you, like reserving chairs at the pool the next day or finding you something), premium drinks, access to the sky roof bar which i think all Bash guests get anyway, special members only events, and just general superior treatment. I also get 40% of my room cost credited back to me to use at the resort (like the yacht you mentioned, its $600 in credit), or the gift shop, airport transfer, other activities.

I found the sales team to be somewhat sexist. I went down for the meeting and they asked if I was at the resort with anyone. I said yes, they asked is he your husband, is he your boyfriend, I said no he's just my date. They said our policy is both people need to be present for the sales pitch, I said he has no influence or say in my financial decisions. They kept pushing until I said its either me or its neither of us, so they relented. I have a feeling you didn't have this experience. Maybe they assumed as a female I couldn't afford $80k.

I don't see in my contract that I can't discuss my membership. I've also read on cancuncare these contracts are completely negotiable and there are no hard numbers.

• Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  2. California_Couple

California_Couple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +67 / 0
    Thank you for the info. I would love to know more about this part. Does this mean you can stay 350 nights over the next 25 years at the discounted rate? I was hoping to just pay for 30 or 40 days per year, all upfront. Even if it's not a great deal, because then I also get the perks (which seem kind of lackluster). Then I don't even think about it, I just go when the wife wants to go.

I would gladly pay a set amount for a set amount of days. I just don't want to deal with discounted rate nonsense.

3. Hdtrojan

Hdtrojan Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +203 / 0
    We just bought a membership off a guy on Facebook. 115 nights PLUS a bonus week for 3.5k. My wife researched the bleep out of it and it was a great deal. We have 4 Referrals per year. What she figured out is you take the membership savings for each night you book and subtract it from what you paid. If you end up in the black then it’s worth it. Trying out the black bracelets in February.

4. ging

ging Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +463 / 1
    Do you get 115 nights for 3.5k or are you getting a discounted rate for 115 nights?

5. Hdtrojan

Ratings:
    +203 / 0
    115 nights at member pricing and 7 free nights. The 7 free nights were a huge get for us

6. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0
    I have went every year stayed on a average of 6 nights, I figured out the money I spent booking my own trips through various sites and it still wasn't near the cost of being a member. I went to the pitch and my wife was loosing her shit about 10 mins in. LOL She doesn't do numbers well and they started writing these numbers down on the pad of paper!!!!! LOL it was kinda funny to me that they knew exactly how much I paid for my vacation and was asking how I got it so cheap..... So long story short it wasn't for me to buy a timeshare..

7. Bryan21178

Bryan21178 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +468 / 0

You guys did pretty good by the time you book a Vacation for 7 nights you are going to be close to what you paid for the whole package...

8. Hdtrojan

Ratings:
    +203 / 0
    Exactly. Add a few Referrals here and there and it’s paid for.

• Like Like x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • List
  9. hotsaf

hotsaf Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +45 / 0
    Buy on the resale market. Number of people trying to sell at steep discount. Even with the trendy garden rooms contract, you can pay to upgrade. I think the main thing is the black bands, rooftop access if you are not already in the tower, free spa if you like that, special seating areas, upgraded menu and drink options, owners dinner each week and you often get some good conversation starters as people ask "what are the black band mean..." "Well, if you have to ask, then I can't tell you"...Just kidding. We bought on the re-sale market (bought a Hilton that way also) and saved a ton and got the main perks that we wanted. Owning also has the incentive that you will use it...we had been going 2-3 times a year until Covid...

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • List
  10. Mark and Staci

Mark and Staci I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,891 / 4
    1-800-Timesharesarescams

All of them. Invest that money and get a REAL return.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice