Mega on Kabah on fire

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by CancunCanuck, Aug 17, 2008.

1. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Generally speaking, in life, I don't believe in coincidences. I had not realized the previous fire occured exactly a year ago. Who knows, maybe it was planned to get on fire BEFORE the store opened. Just assuming... But I prefer not to think one second a person did that with so many clients inside. It is a miracle nobody was injured.

As you say, we will probably never know the truth.

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Its worth mentioning that some insurance policies have a 1 year waiting period between major claims.....

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If that's the explanation for the timing of this then it's awfully brazen! Wow!

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    In the States you would expect things like that to be among the first looked into, but I doubt it will even be on the radar for their investigation here....

Of'course we have no way of knowing what the real story is, but the timing is pretty uncanny, which leads me to the immediate assumptions of A. insurance scam or B. revenge seeker where the dates have some significance... (which is a much harder sell to me) and it could very well be a freak thing that just happened to be a year and a day to the previous fire, but that is again a harder sell.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally I don't believe in coincidence. It could be, like you said, that it's revenge and that the dates are meaningful somehow. But it seems that insurance fraud is much more likely.

6. jen***

jen*** Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's actually been 3 fires in Comercial Mexicanas in Cancun.
    The Lopez Portillo branch, Avenida Tulum and now this one!

7. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Lopez Portillo? Where was it? I don't remember I have ever heard of this one in my 9 years in Cancun. And when was it?

That becomes interesting! Someone holds a grudge against them??? :lol:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice