Meeting with Oasis Viva Jan 29th

Discussion in 'Grand Oasis Viva' started by Steve, Jan 29, 2014.

1. girlfortony

girlfortony Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +10 / 0
    Thanks for the info. The reason we like Desire is because of the beautiful beach, chill at the pool and the dance club, but did miss being close to the downtown clubs. Sounds like GOV is similar for a lot less per night. We are looking forward to May!!

2. KScpl

KScpl Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +7 / 0
    Steve you mentioned that you ate there, so how was your food?
    Thanks

3. T&C.

T&C. Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +96 / 0
    Mello at the beach during the day, sounds great. Just hope that the dancing and parting at night picks up.

4. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    There is still a queuing first come first served system but they did change the time to be more reasonable a while back so we didn't discuss it today.

The time used to be 7am I think and now it is 9am. The White Box was the only restaurant that needed reservations.

The new Japanese/Mexican Fusion Restaurant is opening tonight. I'm not sure if reservations are required there but either way it will take some pressure off the White Box.

Incidentally the new Japanese is called MakiTaco (not sure on spelling). Unfortunately, it wasn't one of the suggestions made in a previous thread here. :(

5. Jannet

Jannet Mexican Hottie Owner

Ratings:
    +756 / 1
    Whatever !!!! Steve Lets booked soon !! I do like the place

[​IMG]

6. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    1) I'm not really sure, we have only been today since it started and we left at 4pm. Again *I think* it's different things on different days so some may be livelier than others.

The foam party, which looks really good, is every Saturday around 4:30pm.

2) I couldnt answer each one fully as I was typed out.

But more pool beds - they'll look into getting more beds, drink lines an extra bar tender, late night food - look into providing burgers, hot dogs etc. This wont happen overnight but they are aware of each of those issues and will investigate possibilities, hopefully at least some will be implemented.

They mentioned that there are already no cameras and topless permitted signs by the pool but I didnt see them (although I didn't specifically go looking for them) so maybe they aren't prominent enough.

I doubt they could add more seats at the restaurants, same for more sittings. The restaurants are fairly small, there really isnt much room to expand them so the only alternative would be add more tables which gives people less space.

Sittings - most people don't want to eat dinner at 5pm or 11pm.

7. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    150 are either currently being updated or are scheduled to be. Leaving approx 250 rooms that already have been presumably.

Valentina is very keen for people with specific requests to email her. So if you want a certain floor, location, be close to friends, pay for an upgrade on check in send her an email. For room requests please don't Pm her here or on Facebook as she has a system set up on her email to alert her about room requests a few days before people arrive and email will be much more efficient.

Again, I think she is crazy to take on that kind of extra commitment. She didn't actually say explicitly but I get the impression she wants to go the extra mile for cancuncare folks.

Her email is:
    vbiegun@oasishoteles.com

We didn't discuss this, as it was posted a few weeks back that the deal they originally planned to have with Elevate nightclub fell through.

8. Steve

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    No they havent. But they are aware of the comments and will act on them.

9. Accutemp

Accutemp Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +19 / 0
    Jannet.......you should convince Steve to book a night sometime between march 31 -April 7. Also Andrea wants to go to the Argentina steak house in downtown , I think it's call LaFarola or something like that ( Steve it's the one that we went to like 3 or 4 years ago with Nico, Norma, TJ, Trina and her husband)

10. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Yea listen to Janet and stay a few days during our stay. We can pony up some cash from our group.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice