Meeting of Newcomers

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Jul 5, 2010.

1. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    SO MUCH FUN!!! It was obvious everyone had a good time :) Definitely looking forward to doing it again sometime.

2. elleboogs

elleboogs Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It was great meeting everyone last night, and we had sooooooo much fun !!!

V - thank you SO much for putting that together so quickly.... :)

Also, if we owe any $$ let us know, but we did pay our bill before leaving!! I have my Visa bill to prove it, LOL!!!

Additionally, we'd love to host a get together at our place ... if not this weekend, the following?? Are we thinking pool party?

OH and update on my phone - I did the rice trick, and guess who's Blackberry has come back to life!!!!

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,209 / 14
    Had a great night out last night - nice to meet new people and reconnect with others I havent seen for a while. Big thanks to V for organising it - that's how these things should be.

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I had fun meeting folks I had never met, but felt I knew anyway. V, Buindy and Trina I see lots but never enough. Steve and i are in the same place at the same time frequently, just not so much recently. ToriB is my buddy via the puter for a long time and in real life since she got here. A good time was had by all. Not sure how the bill sorted out but I gave V enough for more than what i consumed. Still willing to help make up any difference. A good lesson with a group is for someone to figure out what the bill says. It is not unusual for a bill to be padded, accidentally or intentionally, at many places. Maybe in group situations it is better that the server knows what goes on whose bill and have more than one check for the table. They may not like to do it, but they can, so they must.

5. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Great time

Thanks elleboogs for the nice suggestion about having people over to your new house!

Everyone can sign up to bring drinks or other things you might suggest so we don't overwhelm you

6. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too, had a blast chillin with you guys, inspite of my head cold. I wish I was able to hang out til 2 am, maybe next time. V, you seriously cracked me up with your maps and I hope you actually got into some of the topics you wanted to hit. I know the "newbies" loved all the advice we threw their way.
    GREAT JOB on such short notice!

7. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    We made it as far as a recommendation for an Spanish teacher for beginners!

The lesson seems to be to get the material covered before the drinking has progressed too far and a festive mood takes over completely

8. ToriB

ToriB Cancuncare Sun Care Advisor Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So it seems I didn't miss much...very good!!!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice