Meeting at the airport

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by hw711, Feb 28, 2007.

1. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My friend and I are flying in from different flights. My flight is Delta from Atlanta and her flight is NW from Detriot. I scheduled the flights so she arrives about an hour after me. I don't know Cancun airport very well so I am wonder where is the best place for me to wait for her. If I just bring a carry on, I can probably just go to her gate, right? But if I check my luggage, I am not sure what to do. Meet her at baggage claim? Outside customs? Outside of terminal is pure madness, right?

2. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    right outside customs is perfect!

3. mitchellfam

mitchellfam Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I say right outside of customs if you don't check baggage...otherwise, I would meet her right past the red light/green light...but just before all the tmieshare sharks. :shock:

Basically once you pass customs...you will walk across to the baggage area ahead....there are a few carosels with luggage, not many...4 or 5 I think...when you are facing that direction, the red/green light station is to your right....then the exit is beyond that. but there is the timeshare shark sea between the red/green light area and the exit doors. All people trying to carry your luggage...trying to get your ticket to see where you go...trying to slyly get you onto their transportation.

How are you getting to the hotel? Private transfer is best I think.

4. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    isn't there a cafe or little place they can meet there. that way they both have their luggage and such? I remember Steve mentioning a place like that

5. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Once your flight lands you MUST go through Immigration and then collect your luggage and go through Customs immediately.

You are not permitted to wait at baggage claim or any other place for your friend until you have cleared Customs and Immigrattion.

As you exit the airport terminal there is cafe that's fairly new right outside where you can wait and grab a drink and something to eat if you like. You will need to buy something though....no sitting in there for free.

6. hw711

hw711 Moderator/Dance Machine Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I just made reservations at www.cancuntransfers.com. $50 for round trip is pretty cheap comparing to the other places.

7. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Tanks! Karen. I knew there was a little cafe

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice