ME Cancun (formerly Melia Turquesa) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. Cozmo

Cozmo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Already booked in Sept for Melia Turquesa... anyone know how its coming along?

2. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Criegs

We went ahead and booked the Caribe for July....have you seen Steve's new RIU site.??????

3. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cozmo, I still havent found out how the Melia T is coming along....will you post us a report when you return of the beach ect????? I sure love that place.....

4. CancunCrazyCanadian

CancunCrazyCanadian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sunnydaze I saw on some photo's posted on TA a short time ago, that there is actually visible progress. There was scafolding (sp) set up on the whole front of the hotel that faces the ocean. The beach was back completely and had been totally destroyed with Wilma. One of the animation staff posted that it will be completely redone with new restaurants and everything.

The Melia is our favorite location so I can hardly wait till it is back up and running.

5. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Cancun Crazy, all of the Melia T lovers will be happy to read this....We will be staying on the top of the 7 this summer, think the water will be calmer, but will miss our Melia T....they always tell us welcome home when arriving..we also love the location :D ...I knew that they would redo everything and not open until things were up to par, but was worried about the beach. I used to walk forever in both directions in the mornings and I miss that!

6. CancunCrazyCanadian

CancunCrazyCanadian Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I know, it seems strange to me that I hear so little about the Melia on the boards, but it was like finding a diamond in the rough.

My favorite was waking up to the balcony doors being open and the sound of the ocean. Heaven! But the location, especially when my daughters were with us, was perfect.

I was truly getting worried when I heard it was slated for demo, so the news of being rebuilt, even if slower than anticipated, is welcome news.

I wish it was slated to open a little earlier as well, as we are headed to Cancun in January, but must book by July. I think this time we will head to the GR Solaris, but I am anxious to get back to the Melia. We'll definitely have to go have a look at it when we are there.

Hope you have a great trip!

7. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We will try to check it out in July, not sure we will be near there......I will miss staying at the Melia T but hope to have a good time at the RIU Caribe, we thought aout staying at the Grand Melia, but it is a little large for our us- we like the smaller properties, and may spend a night in a tiny property on Isla Mujeres for one night this time too. Lets keep in touch about Melia T...hate to talk about it too much, don't want the secret to get out! ( it seems like alot of Okies and Texas stay there)...I make alot of friends out on the beach area sipping drinks and lounging! Like you said, opening up the door on the terrace to that breeze in the morning.....heaven!!!

8. Cozmo

Cozmo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sure will give updates when we come back! Its awhile yet but I'm still counting down the days! If anyone hears anything new about the re-opening date, conditions, beach, etc. I'd love to hear!! Thank so much!

9. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Cozmo.....have a great time!!!!!! :lol:

10. Cozmo

Cozmo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok folks! I need your help! I just read a report that said the Melia will not re-open now until October! My boyfriend and I are booked for Sept. Anyone have any suggestions on where to switch to? Any suggestions for 2 young adults that want to drink and have a memorable time would be much appreciated! Thanks :)

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice