ME Cancun (formerly Melia Turquesa) ***** AI

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 22, 2005.

1. whdream

whdream Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well as per the conflicting reports on the hotel. .....

My parents stayed there last year (obviously pre wilma) Now keep in mind my mom is a picky picky person. And she loved this hotel. And has mentioend she prefered this one to the many 5 star hotels in the DR. She did like the food and loved the resort all around. Only issue was they had to wait forev er to get drinks at the bar. ( which isnt' an issue to me really.)

2. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cozmo

The Melia T. is always are first choice when we stay in Cancun....have not seen the beach since Wilma, so you might check with the locals, but last July is was gorgeous! The Worryfree travel sight is giving the reopening date of June 30, but this may be for that travel sight only. (They are a regional travel site from Dallas, Tulsa St Louis ect.).. The food is very good for an AI, and with a tip in hand, you will get the best drinks, with as much booze as you want. We take $100 in ones and tip because these folks are awesome! Ahhh I miss getting up at 7am, getting my fruit plate, walking the beach, and then at 10:eek:o hitting the bar!
    Try to go downtown by taxi at least one night and eat...I suggest La Parilla.

3. Cozmo

Cozmo Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies! Does anyone know if its a bad idea to go in September? I've been to Cancun twice before but always during Spring Break. Now that I'm out of school I'm heading down in late Sept. Any advice?

4. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you go in Sept, just keep an eye out for hurricanes.. they track them many days out usually, ....might be a good idea to get trip insurance just in case......have a blast! Hopefully since Wilma, Cancun will Dodge them for many years to come!!!! They have had their share I think everyone will agree!!!!!

5. AlbaAngel18

AlbaAngel18 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    let me tell u , the melia is by far the nicest everrrrrr! i miss walkin up, opening the curtains and seeing the beautiful beach and pool... like i mentioned be4, the cordinators where great, i made friends with sum of them 2..just wonderful!!! im stayin at the grand real costa becuz the melia isnt available for us, but let me tell u that was my FIRST choice!!!!! cant wait!

6. Criegs

Criegs Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Melia

I see that the Melia delayed the opening from July 06 until Sept 06. Anyone know any of the details?

Can anyone advise if the beach was apart of the recondition at this Hotel?

Thanks

7. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Criegs, yep, they keep pushing the opening of the Melia back, I am quite curious of how the beach is there myself......I used to love walking a mile in both directions, but not sure that is possible now....Would love to hear from anyone who knows the beach condition....its showing on Worryfree Vacations an opening in September, so this year I think we will stay at the RIU Caribe. :cool:

8. Criegs

Criegs Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for responding, I just looked at the Riu Caribe on Trip Advisor looks alot like the Melia and the beach looks great.
    Have you stayed there before?
    Our group of 6 are planning to go back in Febuary 07. I know it's aways away, but I need an Alternate place in case the opening of the Melia keeps getting kicked out. Thanks again

9. Sunnydaze05

Sunnydaze05 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    A gal I know from class has stayed at the Caribe and loves it... my Travel Agent said that if we liked the Melia we would like the Caribe....the Shrimp Bucket is across the street too I think....a bonus!!! Look at the Caribe on the CC Hotel List, someone posted recent beach pics, and it looks great!!!

10. Criegs

Criegs Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sunnydaze05,
    Thanks for the info I'll take a look, I agree the Shrimp Bucket is a bonus.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice