maybe someone can help? please?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mormis, Feb 17, 2009.

1. mormis

mormis I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey guys... ive been trying to look all over for the answer and i bet theres someone around here that can help me out with this....

i have 2 american friends that own a company, one of them wants to come to mexico and wants to open a sort of "franchise" of that company (in Mexico, of course)...

does anyone know whats the procedure to do this?

sorry if my english makes it hard to understand hahaha

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure that they will need to set up a legal company in Mexico. I imagine it can be owned by an American company. They need to talk to a Mexican business lawyer.

3. mormis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    muchas gracias Rivergirl!

4. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can start here with the reading: http://www.mexconnected.com/business/mex2000generallegal.html

That is just the process. Political, cultural and social issues come next. It is an extremely long, drawn out, tedious and frustrating process and that is just to open the doors. Then comes making it work. It is not for the fain-hearted and requires deep pockets. I am not trying to be negative--just realistic.

5. mormis

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    yeah thats exactly how i thought it was going to be... not easy at all...

thnx jim!

6. has399

has399 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Would it be as difficult to open a indoor party type business that isn't American related? When and if we move there we were looking at opening a indoor party(inflatable) type business. Since my wife is a Mexican national and I will stay out of the scene as the business gets created I thought it would be a little easier. She has family that has business down there so I think that would help us as well. What do you think?

7. Jim in Cancun

Jim in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Although it is difficult, time-consuming and expensive to open any kind of business here, it is easier for a Mexican citizen. Make sure you do market studies and research (legal and fiscal)before doing anything.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice