May 2016 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jamie, Dec 23, 2015.

1. frfun20033

frfun20033 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    TTR May 22 - 30... Looking forward to the party..

Teresa & Howie

2. K&P ARK

K&P ARK Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +431 / 0
    We are actually flying in on the 20th so we will be in Cancun 5 nights before checking into TTR. I'm thinking the first day curse shouldn't be an issue then.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

3. jessandpaul

jessandpaul Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are in the SAME situation. It was only a few hundred more to go first class. WTH? We used to get the BOS-CUN RT for around $350 routinely

4. jessandpaul

jessandpaul Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    1, Clothes - Awesome. Perfect

2. I assume the bigger the better. I use a Terviz mug- the large one

3. So bringing one of my USMC shirts might cause a mix-up? That sucks I will have to find one of my old unit or deployment shirts. Nahhhh - bring your USMC shirt. Represent! OOHRAH (Our son is active duty infantry -0 currently deployed)

3(also). I was taught Motrin and water fixes everything but, I never travel without a large box of Alka-Seltzer Cold though it makes sense most people would over look the first aid however, I've never heard of Recoverors. Recoverors are intended to replenish electrolytes and have little sugar. We have had great success with taking one (one packet mixed in water) before bed and one in the am. Check them out on anazon

4. What is the first day curse? Very eloquently answered already

5. USD or Peso? Honestly, we end up with both. However, there has been some discussion on this issue. Would love to hear others' input

6. We'll consider membership after our first visit is over and we fully recover and come to the realization of what we just did. LMAO! We have undertaken the assessment and determined that it is not for us. However, different strokes and all . . .

7. I figure the bigger the mug (from tip 2) the less we have to worry about being shy. LOL! Touche!

5. Mister Dr Jane

Mister Dr Jane Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +181 / 0
    Actually, the BIG ones are kind of a pain in the ass. :)

If your Bubba mug is too big, lugging them around gets to be tiresome. Kinda like a perpetual bicep workout. Too small and all you get is ice.

I heard someone say once that the nice thing about going a bit too small over too big, is that way you make more trips to the bar where you tend to meet more people.

I like the 20oz, see a lot with the 34 oz, bigger than that and it seems to be overkill. The Mrs likes the insulated tumbler with the straw lid more than a mug.

We put our names on our cups a while back with stickers, which helps you not lose yours and helps people remember your names.

It is embarrassing to have to ask a person's name, when you spent all day talking to them and had great conversation, but you are buzzed and distracted by another beautiful lady walking by nearly naked.

The names on the mug help avoid that awkward situation.

6. Michoou

Michoou Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    May 16-23 for trip #2 as a solo!!! Come say hi!

7. 2plus4

2plus4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +11 / 0

To answer question 5, either works fine just so you know the peso is waterproof so if you happen to jump in the pool and then have an oh shit moment and think great the cash is now soaked and I can't tip the waiter don't worry. If you don't want to exchange into pesos as the US dollar is appreciated as well do what I do pack your tip money into a Ziploc / Glad sandwich bag ( freezer bag) the one that has the seal at the top not the fold over variety that way if you jump into the pool your cash stays nice and dry.

We use bubba mugs think they're the same size as the official Cancun Care ones Steve has for sale here on the website....perfect size for us not to big not to small had thought about bringing my big ass 52oz one but then I thought wait a minute, even though they say the drink will stay cold for 6 hr's do I really want to take the chance that my drink will get warm or watered down.

8. TitsMagee

TitsMagee Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    Mel and Brent in the house April 26th- May 6th

Our 4th time, so excited.

9. Theoriginalparrotthead

Theoriginalparrotthead I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +8 / 0
    John.. I bought our tickets for 500each.. You could have driven to Portland and flown with us waayyy cheaper

10. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Latest update done! We're up to 366... added 59 people today!!!!

Rock on!

Jamie

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice