May 2016 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Jamie, Dec 23, 2015.

1. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,176 / 7
    The May dates won't post until April 1st.

2. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Latest update done.. we're at 490 about 100 behind last year. :(

But hey! We can still party!!!!! :lotsofmichaelfs:

Jamie

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    OK.. I don’t normally post this stuff in public, but lots of folks have asked where I’ve been, why have I been so quiet, etc… so in the effort of saving time….

On January 18th my mom fell at her house in Colorado and did the right thing and press the life alert button. Paramedics came and took her to the hospital. I was following the progress till about 10 PM here when the word came, Come!

So on the 19th I got on a plane.. yesterday I got home. Well I was home for one night two weeks ago when I flew back from a business trip to home, spent 23 hours here before getting in the car and driving back to Colorado, making the 27 hour trip in 30 hours.

In the last 75 days I got mom from the hospital into rehab, from rehab to home, convinced her that she couldn’t live on her own anymore and either she went into assisted living there or moved to Florida where we might be able to help her live on her own for a while, depending on how much effort she put into her rehab, or at least be closer to visit and support her in assisted living. She choose Florida. That was no small deal because she was living 40 miles from where she grew up and never wanted to leave the mountain. Anyway, that lead to putting her house on the market, getting Chris to fly out to help me, getting rid of some of her furniture she didn’t want in a new place, packing the rest, getting her house sold (including solving a problem with the well water and ultimately getting 98% of our asking price in a buyer’s market with a seller’s aggressive price), renting a truck, hiring movers in Colorado to load it and in Florida to unload it, renting a storage unit in Florida to hold her stuff till we can figure out what to do long term, and driving the truck and her from Colorado to Florida.

For shits and giggles add in a 20” blizzard on the day we rented the truck to drive it up into the mountains to load it… I now know how to chain up a truck in a blizzard.. anybody need a set of chains? Oh, and I was still working at the time and had two business trips during this time.

So anyway.. we’re here in Florida now and I’m trying to catch up on my life that’s been on hold (pesky things like filing taxes and suck) and really, really looking forward to vacation in May.

So that’s my story.. hope to become more involved in the banter as we go forward!

Jamie

4. Hailey&Rusty

Hailey&Rusty Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +110 / 0
    Dang you had a lot going on! Glad to hear your mom is doing better!

5. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,176 / 7
    Jamie, Well thank you for still doing updates on here during all your difficult situations. I wish your Mom the best.

6. lowrider86

lowrider86 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +49 / 0
    Good job Jamie! Family 1st.... Always. Proud of you brother. See you in May

7. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +915 / 0
    May's Boob Cruises dates hopefully will be announced this weekend!!! :whisper::whisper::whisper::whisper::whisper::whisper::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen: June's date will come out beginning of May!!

8. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +915 / 0
    Jamie!! Glad to hear Mom is doing well! Hope she enjoys the sunny state of Florida!! :icon_mrgreen::icon_mrgreen: See U & Chris in May!! :aktion069::aktion069:

9. Guido and Blondie

Guido and Blondie Paty'O Panty Patrol Registered Member

Ratings:
    +66 / 0
    Wow! That's a plateful and then some. I'm glad to hear you have your mom closer to you. That has to be nice. I hope you get some much needed rest before Temptation so you don't spend your trip in your recovering from life. And i am amazed that you managed to fit the updates into the mix. Thank you so much for all of your dedication to this group of misfits.

10. Navypapi

Navypapi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +5 / 0
    May 11-15....... can't wait to go back was just there in feb. and will be back before summer again after this.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice