May 2011 Immigration Law Changes

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Mellow_in_Puerto Morelos, May 28, 2011.

1. SolomonPDC

SolomonPDC Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    According to the new law, there will be different types of migratory documents that authorize you to work in Mexico. There will be a six month migratory document which allows you to work as a visitor, there will be a temporary resident card which allows you to work and can be valid up to four years (though they are somewhat vague about this, I suspect it will be four years with yearly renewals) and there will be a permanent resident status which can allow you to work as well.

2. kathy_caribe

kathy_caribe Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i just went in (PdC) yesterday and it is still possible to do on your own but you'll need Spanish (course you should already speak it living here and all). I didn't need bank statements but the cambio de caracteristica for my son did (gave April and June). Needed the solicitud and the solicitud has totally changed from last year. They are looking for specific wording that you will find on your prorroga sheet. Needed photocopy of my FM3. I always do about 3 copies of everything anyway. I also gave landlord letter (not sure if it was necessary or not) and the application form.

They specifically ask for:
    1) internet application
    2. original and copy of pasaporte.
    3. FM3 original.
    4. Solicitud with specific wording "bajo protesta de decir verdad manifesto que subsisten las condiciones bajo las cuales me fue concendida la caracteristica migratoria" and then you specify how.
    5. your last payment (if you're working). I wasn't asked for bank statements.
    6. if you're religious, have a lawyer, etc. more conditiones.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice