May 2009 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kat & Greg, Aug 28, 2008.

1. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I can understand that - we were one of the lucky ones to get out the day before Wilma hit.

2. chris & deb

chris & deb Enthusiast Registered Member

me - Oswego, NY / her - formerly Indianapolis
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I remember that all too well wondering about others I knew that got stuck there Not my idea of a good time

3. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    I wish I could have been there. Would have been more than willing to give one of ladies my ticket out of that hell. It was a long week trying find my friends that got stuck in a shelter.

4. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gotcha.. I have been wait and see this whole time just hoping I still have a job to be able to go on vacation so I am not about to give up hope over this yet. We bought the cancel for any reason insurance from expedia which also helps cover any major health costs while we are on vacation if memory serves me correct.

5. Tequila Ken

Tequila Ken Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only have a second right now because I have to meet some people downstairs, but I did want to say that everyone here is having a great time (ok, "great" doesn't quite cover it...kinda an understatement).

Everyone probably has a different opinion, so feel free to take mine with a grain of salt, but the consensus I've heard is that people are limiting their club trips, offsite tours, and general roaming around the city, but since there have been no reported outbreaks in Cancun (the NYC kids apparently went through Mexico City and some say were partying in the outskirts to avoid normal prices and any age limits) no one seems to be worried here. The severe cases seem to be in areas that have limited sanitation and healthcare and nowhere near Cancun. Although minimal, the threat of violence from drug cartels is probably worse than the threat of the flu virus.

I did have the VIP Jacuzzi Suite at Bulldog rented for next Saturday night, but it looks like we will be playing it safe and canceling that trip. being around hundreds (or more) strangers at a time increases any risk dramatically.

However, I only brought 1,250 shot cups for the 40 liters of Tequila I bought (or as we call it "Swine Flu Vaccine"), so there might be a crisis after all.

6. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +915 / 0
    Thanks Ken for the update...I'm heading down May 16th...Let the party begin... :lol: :lol:

7. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    We're out guys as all UK flights are being cancelled. So so gutted

8. wardy123

wardy123 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Damn Swine Flu!!!!

Me and a friend were mean't to be flying out from london on Weds 6th May
    we now have no idea whether we can fly. Was staying at Temptation for 2 weeks aswell!!!!

Hope everyone is ok

Adam

9. desi_boy

desi_boy Banned

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Whats the point of going to Cancun when you can't go to clubs?

10. Letsgo

Letsgo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Just cancelled reservation. Can't risk return trip with kids at home....We will rebook when things calm down.....hopefully November......Bummer. :( :( :(

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice