May 2009 Roll Call

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Kat & Greg, Aug 28, 2008.

1. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    How many days?? Can we leave today??

2. spider402

spider402 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    12 more days till we get there.....woooohoooo!!!!!! :lol: :lol:

3. JanScott

JanScott I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +113 / 1
    Sit back by the sexy pool, get involved in the activities and check your inhibitions at the front desk when you check in. You will have the time of your life. The people you will meet at TTR are simply the best. Also, sign up for Steves's booze cruise on the 21st as well. That in itself will make your vaca the BEST you have ever had. Check out the thread "I want to go on a booze cruise in May with Steve" Tell Jamie you want to go and he will add your name.

We are there for our 4th trip since Aug 07...get the idea about how great TTR is? Avoid the time share breakfast and tour...it is a rip off (we know cuz we bought).

Also print off the roll call (for the dates you are there) that Jamie does up. It will help you find people from this forum who will bet there at the same time. We do it every trip...walk up to a complete stranger with paper in hand and say "Hi, are you so and so?" You have just met a new friend at that point :)

May is a huge repeater month...you will meet tons of us repeaters. We don't bite too hard ;) Look forward to meeting you two :)

Janice and Scott

4. darkbodydaddy

darkbodydaddy Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    WHAT A TIME THIS TRIP IS GONNA BE!!!!!!!!!!
    BOOOOOOO-YAHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

5. chris & deb

chris & deb Enthusiast Registered Member

me - Oswego, NY / her - formerly Indianapolis
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    any real suggestions would be greatly appreciated on what to do here -

booked thru orbitz and the hotel money would be refunded HOWEVER not the air (AirTran) which can be rescheduled or re routed to another destination BUT Airtran does not go to any Caribbean destinations other than Cancun or Puerto Rico

wait and see ?? or re book to another destination and lose a few hundred dollars on the air??

6. GlennNY

GlennNY Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kara,

We have been going ever since 2003. We have been there in March, April, July, & October. When we went in May about 4 - 5 years ago, we met so many fun people that now we go back every May. Just plan on having fun, and don't care what people think. The slogan is "Nobody Knows You, And Nobody Gives A Shit"....words to live by in Cancun.

You don't need to pack much, just some nice clothes if you plan on going to dinner in one of the specialty resturants, loose fitting items like sun dresses, and plenty of bathing suites (tops are optional). As you have heard, leave your inhibitions behind. Just plan on enjoying the beautiful weather with about 100 of your closest friends you just haven't met yet. Our picture on here disappeared so we have to reload it, to see us so you know what we look like you can go to www.bambi4u269.com or contact us on yahoo at bambi4u269. Glenn & Bambi

7. TexasTrouble

TexasTrouble Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Are you canceling because of the Virus? 27 days is a long time and a lot could happen between now and then, like the whole thing just going away.

My wife already said she would sit on the beach in a surgical mask if she had to but she is not giving up her vacation over a version of the flu.

-Michael

8. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Jamie, I did break a toe during beach volleyball one trip. Oh wait - I get hurt about every trip but that is why they say work hard but play harder.

9. chris & deb

chris & deb Enthusiast Registered Member

me - Oswego, NY / her - formerly Indianapolis
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    not so much worried about the virus but more concerned over an outright ban on travel to mexico or getting stuck there if it gets worse while there. If we wait and see and the worst happens it will be even more difficult to rebook ( vacation days are hard to re arrange for us as well )

10. dboyte

dboyte Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 0
    Ditto - they are reporting it may be an outbreak just up the road from us. Hoping we can get to cancun before it spreads too far from here. Don't really think that virus has a chance around the sexy pool. way too much alcohol there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice