matkirk?

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by sprinter69, Jul 28, 2014.

1. sprinter69

sprinter69 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi,

I am looking to see if matkirk is still active on the site? I am new to the forum from Exeter in the UK and keen to find out more about living and working in Cancun. My fiancee is Mexican and we have discussed living there but i am aware i will need to give a lot of thought to potential careers. Hi to everybody and if you can offer any advice it would be appreciated :icon_biggrin:

2. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Mat's a good one to ask, and there are two or three others who post here from time to time with lots of job/career experience to share.

As for people I personally know who have found their place in the labor market here there is one who is the head of marketing for three hotels in the area, another who works in a fertility clinic at a local hospital, at least two who are full time in selling travel packages, and several who are employed in sales of time share. There are also many who have found a place for themselves teaching English at the scores of schools and universities here, public and private.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,197 / 14
  4. sprinter69

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks much appreciated. To be honest i have not spoken to Matkirk but we have one thing in common we are both unfortunately Coventry City supporters lol. Marketing and sales is a mainstay of my work here in the UK so ideally i would be looking for something in that area. I have a CPC in logistics which opens doors in the UK but in reality i can"t see it being of benefit in Mexico. At the moment my Spanish is very basic so the priority is to study. Cheers

5. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm looking to move back next year. Hopefully get to see some games at the Richoh...

If you are young I'd say go for it come over and see what happens.

If you are 30's and have a decent job in England then I'd say stay where you are and come on nice long holidays here.

If you can work anywhere on a computer for a UK/US company - home based job, then come over and enjoy.

If you want a job here then get ready for shit pay, no holiday (literally 0 in first year, 6 days in year 2), no pension, six days a week, no NHS, crap roads, expensive goods, expensive Internet, a peso that is worthless compared to the pound (think about holidays to England and how much it's gonna cost...)

Hope this helps and PUSB :)

6. sprinter69

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am 47 even on a good day i would be struggling to be taken for being in my twenties lol. Thank-you for taking the time to reply and i guess the advice is pretty much what i was expecting. In so far as perhaps short term i am better of viewing Mexico as a great holiday destination.
    I hope by the time you return to the UK they are back at the Ricoh but with the current owners we could be in Northampton a few years yet! Looking forward to a few away games this season and hopefully the current owners waking up and either getting us back at the Ricoh or moving on...i live in hope :rainfro:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice