Master Suite Inclusions??

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by CorpusDuo, Jan 19, 2020.

1. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    Obviously reading this, I under tipped. I tipped 50 pesos, every time I ask them for something.

2. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    I am assuming you are kidding. Cause that's like $2.50 USD. Did they actually do anything for you?

3. Sonny&Andrea

Sonny&Andrea Addict Registered Member

Kentucky for the summer, Texas for the winter.
    Ratings:
    +473 / 1
    Not kidding and yes they took great great care of us. But now every time I seen him I was tipping that. Probably worked out to idk 300-400 pesos a day. That’s about $20 a day. If he has 10 people he is taking care of that’s $200 a day. That’s a pretty good living in Mexico. I thought it was appropriate, I do not after reading this thread. But in my defense TTR website actually says tips are included in the price, and I normally take $400 dollars per trip for tips.

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    Well if it worked, it worked :) The butler tipping is one of the hardest things at the resort to figure out. Every day is different, and sometimes you have needs, and sometimes you don't. So the services are really all over the place.

5. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    I will say he did seem to greatly appreciate it so maybe we over tipped. But he definitely was constantly looking to help and check on us so it wasn’t for nothing

6. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,628 / 4
    That's better than our result with a Butler. We had one when we were on a referral one time. He told us to wait by the pool while our room was getting ready. He ended up leaving the resort, and never contacted us. He found us three days later, and said he had been sick. We never got one service out of it all trip. Saved on tips though....

7. CorpusDuo

CorpusDuo Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +33 / 0
    I was thinking about $15-$20 a day. How do we avoid being assigned a 2nd floor master? After reading reviews here it seems like these are less desirable. I put the request for high floor in our reservation and pre checkin notes. Are we wrong in thinking a higher floor is better? Also is there a way to email someone at the resort and get a response? Thx

8. DkandCristelli

DkandCristelli Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +85 / 0
    This has me excited, we have a master booked for July. How did you stay in contact with your butler @Jen&Kyle? Did they just randomly catch you throughout the day or did you have to call them when you required assistance?

9. matchandherbetterhalf

matchandherbetterhalf I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3,027 / 4
    LOL...I knew I was asking the right person. You have the whole butler business down to a science, Kyle! Thanks so much for your detailed input. :)

10. Jen&Kyle

Jen&Kyle I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,396 / 12
    Mostly he would seek us out when we had a master or penthouse. They give you a number to call on the resort phone (if they don’t then ask for it) and then they will page the butler. Although that doesn’t always work out. I will add that when we had a Lush suite the butler was almost impossible to fine. I think that was when they were still trying to figure out if lush should have butlers or not.

I forgot one thing...they work on shifts and have days off and things don’t always transfer well so we would make an effort to reestablish plans during a shift change and tip the next butler too. The good ones let you know that someone else will be fulfilling a request if they are going to be off. I think certain butlers are dedicated to the masters/penthouse while others premier so hence the different feedback on their value. Maybe they intentionally have a better butler to room ratio for the masters/penthouse??? Not sure.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice