Massages

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by gbchayctca, Aug 10, 2008.

1. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Any recommendations for day spas/massage places that are fairly priced?

While my mother is definitely a higher-budget vacationer than I, I'd imagine that even she wouldn't spend the $ for a massage at our hotel.

I just got my first massage and I want more!

While it would rock to get a spa treatment in the ZH, I don't want to pay those prices. Suggestions?

2. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    massage

Hi gbchayctca!

I've gone to the spa at Hotel Xbalemque (on Yaxchilan) a few times. I've had several different massages and loved all of them. The prices are quite reasonable. I think they are around $35-40 USD for a 50-minute massage. The last time, I got an aromatherapy massage, which included body exfoliation and about 20 or 30 minutes in the Temezcal spa. I think that was around $45 or 50 USD for all three treatments. I've never needed to make an appointment, but they would probably prefer if you made one.

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oooh...good one! Totally spaced Xbalamque!

Unless someone knows of some hidden, super-quiet spa oasis, this is definitely where I'll go!

4. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    It's more of a medical setting, in a chiropractic office, but they sure feel good and are relaxing. I think it is $350 for like 30 or so minutes. Off Coba kind of on the back side of IMMS.

If you want it I will give you the gal's name and number if you PM me.

5. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi gbchayctca! I've also gone to Xbalamque for a massage and would recommend it. In spite of the fact that I went for a sports massage for sore neck and shoulder muscles, and not to relax, Susan was waiting for me when I came out and said I had that glowing and rumpled and dazed look like I'd just had great sex. hehe.

6. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gringa...that's TOTALLY what I felt like after my first massage! Is that TMI (Too Much Information)?

7. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gringa, you always look like you just had great sex. Or are getting ready to.

8. Susan in Cancun

Susan in Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    massage

I was in Yarreri today (located on Sunyaxchin between Yaxchilan and the street by Market 28...is that Xpuhil???) and noticed that they do massages for $350 pesos, I think. I have never had a massage there so can't say it's a good place or not for that. For cheap haircuts, manicures, and pedicures, I don't mind them though.

9. CancunGringa

CancunGringa Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ - I am laughing too hard right now to decide if that is an insult or not. :roll:

10. T.J.

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Gringa,

It was certainly not an insult. Maybe it was even a compliment. I was just being my cute, smart-ass self.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice