Marriott Casa Magna **** EP

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by Steve, Jan 23, 2005.

1. BunnyLuv

BunnyLuv Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Pat, thanks for the info, but we just got moved to the Fiesta American Condesa. I was praying for the JW.....but nope got the Fiesta instead. Oh well, this is a nice hotel also, so I'm sure we'll have fun. We leave this comming Sunday. I hope they re-open by the time you go. Good luck with your trip also. :)

2. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Bunny, The Condessa is only two doors down from the Casa Magna. If you take a walk up the beach, would you leave an update on the construction situation on this forum? Were you using a charter or like expedia? The lobby of the Condessa is beautiful and the rooms are fine but if you have a chance to return to Cancun, you must stay at the Casa Magna. The food is better. Breakfast is great at the Condessa and most people go out for dinner. Hope the weather is good for you. Have fun. Thanks, Pat

3. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    More about the delayed Casa Magna re-opening

I learned yesterday on www.marriott.com/cunmx that the re-opening will be on July 1st with "limited service and vissible construction". Yikes!! I decided to investigate what exactly they mean by "limited service". The charter company that I'm using told me that the La Bahia restaurant would be closed and there would be "vissible construction" but no jackhammers. Of course, this is the same charter company that told me that F A Coral Beach has an outdoor hot tub. In fact it does, however, it's outside the Presidential Suite and not for anyone other than people staying in that room. The old saying. "Don't believe everything you're told." For anyone who doesn't know, La Bahia is the little restaurant / bar on the beach. Apparently everything's okay with the pool and outdoor hot tub. I'll be calling down there on Monday to give them our arrival info. I'll try to leave a note on this forum as to what the newest update may be. Hasta la vista, baby. Pat

4. dot

dot Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: More about the delayed Casa Magna re-opening

Yes, could you please leave an update when you get back, I'm supposed to be headed here July 29th.

Thanks

5. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Better late than never!

To everyone out there who is wondering, things are shaping up nicely at the Casa Magna. I was there with my family in early July and early August. There was much progress made in the days between. In August about two thirds of the hotel was open. The rooms on the south section were still not inhabitable. The Bahia Restaurant down by the beach looked completed and was ready to open any day. I'm sure it's open by now. There is new bedding (ahh, they are soooo comfortable) and new plasma wide screen TVs in all the rooms. I am very dissappointed that my favorite bellman was NOT CALLED BACK for work after the hotel opened back up. He was the senior bellman who was there shortly after they opened 14 yrs ago. If there are any Marriott Managers out there, how do I go about getting my opinion to the right people. Ciro Martin would make sure we had a couple of Corona and chips in our room when we checked in. He would grab the Suburban and take us to dinner sometimes. He even had a name badge made up for my grandson who wants to grow up and work at the Casa Magna. He would go over and above to make us feel welcome and like family. We miss you Ciro. Why does a hotel get rid of good employees like Ciro who recognize good customers like us?

6. MrRick

MrRick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What's the current condition of the property?

My wife and I are going back the the CasaMagna over the Thanksgiving break and were wondering how the repairs were coming along. Does anyone have any recent info on this? Thamks!

7. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What to expect at the Marriott

Mr. Rick, My husband and I are also traveling to Cancun around the Thanksgiving holiday. We arrive on the 19th and depart Thanksgiving day. I see that you've had no replies and I can't be much help. All I can tell you is that things were progressing in early August. Surely they have everything back together in full operation by now. The pool and jacuzzi have been retiled. La Capilla was open for breakfast and dinner. La Bahia looked completed however it was not operating then but I'm sure that things will be back to snuff. Are you leaving out of Cincy? Well, good luck and maybe we'll see you there. Thanks, Pat

8. MrRick

MrRick Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Condition of the property

Thanks Pat! I know this isn't the most active post so I'm very grateful for your update. I did, however, send an email to Marriott's customer service department and they responded that everything is back to full operations and the property is better than ever. So, I'm excited! Yes, we're leaving from CVG on the 22nd - arriving early in the afternoon. I imagine we'll be by the pool bar around 5pm, so if you and your husband would like to have drinks with us, just look for us! Thanks again for your update! Rick.

9. Celtik Dragon

Celtik Dragon Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Coming To Casa Magna Nov 16th - 22nd

Hi Pat

Hi Rick

My name is Rob and I will be coming to the Casa Magna on Nov 16th.

Leaving on Nov 22nd.

This will be my FIFTH time staying at the Casa Magna. Love it!!

My first time back since Wilma hit.

I am glad to hear that things are back to normal.

I also read that Ciro Martin is no longer there. That is a shame. He is great!

I have his personal email address. I will shoot him an email and see what he is up to. Maybe he will stop by and have lunch with us while we are there.

I would love to meet up with you guys and compare Cancun stories.

What day is best for you guys?

We could meet at the bar down by the beach.

Talk to ya soon.

Rob in Vegas

10. Patricia

Patricia Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Drinks at the pool bar

Mr Rick, The 22nd will be our last day. Yes, we will try to catch up with you at the pool bar at 5:00. Hey Rob, Just ask George at the bell desk and he will help you meet up with Ciro. Maybe we could gang up on the manager about that situation. If you don't see George, then ask Jose. I have Ciro's email, as well. We did have dinner at Perico's with Ciro and George in August. It was good to see him. Well, everybody have a safe trip. See ya, Pat

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice