Marriage Question (with a poll)

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by AJ0527, Dec 14, 2006.

?

Should husband and wife have seperate bank accounts

1. no

97.7%
  2. yes, but a joint account for household bills

2.3%
  3. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

I knew there was a reason other than your outstanding trip reports that I thought you were a really top notch guy :D :!: :!:

2. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you misunderstood my point...

As long as YOU are out with YOUR friends on YOUR tab, there is no problem...
    the minute you go home, then there's a problem... if you don't go home, joint accounts could be a problem...

3. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I see. That is a different issue and I think that's where prioritization in personal relationships comes in. If there's a problem when someone comes home...chances are it was there even before that person left to see the guys. Gotta decide which comes first...patch things up or escape from the problems and run away to share a few drinkies with the guys.

Then the question should more be thus: Is it ok to have a separate account when you are seriously contemplating divorce? I figure a question framed in that way would get a "yes" from me if only to protect yourself against nasty tricks from your soon-to-be-ex such as draining all funds from the accounts and preventing you from being able to meet your financial obligations and needs.

Otherwise, a separate "me" account is essentially a way to cheat on your partner. My funds, my choices, my priorities, my life...there's no "I" in we or us.

4. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    THERE IS NO I IN TEAM......MARRIED PEOPLE ARE A TEAM :!: :!: :!: :!:

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Goooooooo, TEAM!!! *high-fives*

6. DConCT

DConCT CC's SB Godfather Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    hehe :daveandmo:

7. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    One account is all we need. I trust him implicitly. He puts his paycheck into it and he pays the bills. I buy clothes, shoes, trips to Cancun, groceries, and pretty things for the house and he pays for them out of OUR account. It has worked out fabulous for us...what's the problem? :D

8. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We have 2 joint checking accounts and a savings account in my name that I throw extra money in for our vacations, campground annual dues and Christmas. Now who puts the money in these accounts....about 1/10th of the deposits are my pay, but the majority of it is his pay. One of the checking accounts is just for bills and one is just for fun money. He is not on the savings for the simple reason he doesnt understand the meaning of the word save.

9. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    LOL....I was jk. I never see my check, as it goes right into the joint account.

We both actually have our own accounts but they are for odd reasons. Mine is because I am helping my oldest daughter manage her college $, a task I knew she would need help with. :-o

10. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Oh cmon I did not want to be the only kept woman!!!! :lol: I did not even think about all the kids accounts...I am on all their savings accts, but one bad experience with a checking account and I discourage them from having one at this time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice