Marriage Question (with a poll)

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by AJ0527, Dec 14, 2006.

?

Should husband and wife have seperate bank accounts

1. no

97.7%
  2. yes, but a joint account for household bills

2.3%
  3. yes

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If I ever have a long term relationship again :cry: then I shall have my own account and a joint one too. My parents do this, so that my Mum can blast her share on clothes and my Dad can blast his share on car accessories, garden shed implements etc.

2. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    you'd spend your share on McD's :headbanger:

3. jenfleur

jenfleur Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would yes, and crumpet.

4. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    Absoulutely. A bank account is part of who you are now, give up that and you give up yourself. Just a small step in losing your self completely to husbands.

5. adulus

adulus Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what about joint lives joint account whats mine is yours i thought marrage meant two become one

6. Ultimate_Warrior

Ultimate_Warrior Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would likely merge bank accounts, but of course keep most of my assets in another secret bank account. That way when we divorce (which will be inevitable) I will come out ahead. This will also help when I marry rich, as I will take her for all she is worth... well i guess half of what she is worth.

7. Tinder

Tinder Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree :!:

8. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Contrary to the philosophy of subsidizing an individual's lifestyle, if you are married then you are pursuing the ideal that it is "our" life. It is not "you and me", but "us".

My thought is that maintaining a separate account is a weak attempt to maintain some form of independence from your partner. There's no reason that two people can't budget their income together and prioritize expenses and luxuries. Going out with the girlfriends or the guys on a regular basis is something that first should be accepted by both parties, rather than turning it into a tug-of-war for power. Instead of opening one's own account to feed your habit independent of your partner, you should really be sitting down and talking. You have to talk to work out your problem rather than avoiding it. If you can't adapt to your new status, it's a greater possibility to my mind that the marriage will turn sour.

9. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you're out every other night with boys drinking on your own tab, then there really isn't a problem, is there...

10. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you're out, with your friends on your tab, then ideally, this is something your partner is aware of and has no difficulties with and everybody is happy. Then why would one establish a separate account? There is no reason then why the tab should not be paid out of a joint account.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice