MARKET 28.....????

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by Lala052206, Jul 31, 2008.

1. Lala052206

Lala052206 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi everyone!

I have read reviews and forum about Market 28 and want to check it out. Can anyone tell me what exactly is there at market 28?

How far is Market 28 from Temptation Resort?

Would it be easier to take the bus or cab to Market 28?

thanks!

2. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Taking the bus is pretty simple. Just ask the driver before you get on if htey are going to Market 28 and if so they pretty much announce when you are at the place you need to get off, then its a short walk to get there.

There is pretty much any souvenir thing you can think of there...pottery, vanilla, t-shirts,silver ..... pretty much everything. There is also a square with sit-down eateries. We really did not buy much there but enjoyed going and walking around. Be prepared to be approached tons of times and feel free to try to haggle the prices down.

3. Beverly

Beverly 2nd day member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    And be sure to go as early in the morning as possible. It is extremely hot there. Especially in the summer months. For me, it isn't worth the hassle and the heat to go there. I'd just the same go to the malls where they don't hassle you and it's cooler. You really don' t save much at the markets compared to the malls either. For the little savings it just isn't worth it for me.

4. Lala052206

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks you guys for the info.

How far is the mall from Temptation resort if we take the bus?? is it just one street route?

5. Max32

Max32 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm with Bev on this one -we went - it was hot as hell and we ended up running the gauntlet past EVERY store. They tell you to haggle but to be honest the market traders arent interested! Put it this way - we wont be goin back this year.

If you wanna go = get on the bus but dont do what we did and get on the wrong number bus!! BUT the locals were very helpful!

xxxxx

6. DavenRose

DavenRose I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    amen!

7. xoie's omah

xoie's omah Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree its not worth the hassle to haggle and such but it is an experience to go there....stop at one of the little bars on the walk and have a $1 cervesa, sit on a bench and just people watch. We went on a cool rainy day so the heat wasn't a factor for us. We didn't go until our third trip and only because it was windy, rainy and cool and was our first excursion outside the hotel zone. BTW we do most of our tshirt shopping on Isla, hit some of the little shops close to TTR and pick up whatever else we want/need at the airport on the way out.

8. NTBABY

NTBABY Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with Catrina that you should go to Market 28 once. It's kinda like a big garage sale or flea market where the vendors are selling their 'stuff'. We go about every other year. Jump on the bus after breakfast & get there as they open which I believe is 10 o'clock. We do a little shopping, have a beer or two & are back to the pool by noon. Gives you a chance to get off the resort & see a little of Cancun. The girls in the lobby can tell you exactly what bus to catch. BTW the bus picks you up out in front of TTR & on the return trip drops you off across the street from TTR. 70 cents each way. Walmart is only about 3 blocks away also. Like the other girls said it's not someplace you want to go to all the time but I think you would enjoy a trip there once. Hope this helps :)

Scott

9. Lala052206

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks Catrina and Scott! I for sure check it out...at least i can go come home and tell my famiy what's there to see and expierence =)

Take care!

10. The Woodman

The Woodman I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Thanks for the info on 28 guys - We never got past Super Walmart and Sams Club! :roll:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice