March/April 2015

Discussion in 'Desire Resort' started by KNJP, Oct 4, 2014.

1. NLNSCouple

NLNSCouple Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Transportation

Hi Everyone,
    My husband and I will be going to Desire RM from April 24-May 1. Unfortunately I will be flying from Canada and he will be flying from Texas as he will returning from a business trip. My flight arrives in Cancun at 12:22 pm on the 24th but his doesn't arrive until 6:10 pm. I was wondering if anyone would who is arriving at the same time would like to share transportation to RM? I am a little nervous about getting a cab alone.

2. Cokewithlime

Cokewithlime Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +245 / 3
    FYI - Since both Desire properties are couples only you might have a problem arriving there just by yourself if you haven't made previous arrangements with the resort to accommodate for you and your hubby arriving separately 6 hours or so apart.

I suggest that you might want to email the resort and see if they will actually let you and your hubby separately in past the security check point and see if you can make arrangements with them to do so ....

Last edited: Mar 25, 2015
  3. NLNSCouple

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    Thanks! We already have that arranged:). We have been there several times in the past and they said it would not be a problem as long as we respected the rules and did not proceed to the hot tub until we are both there.

4. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    So just to ask this maybe stupid question after reading this. You can't go to the hot tub unless you are as a couple? What if your wife wanted to lay at the pool, or take a nap in the room. You wouldn't be able to go to the hot tub alone?

5. NLNSCouple

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    People do go to the hot tub without their spouse, however there are signs asking people to refrain from doing so unless their spouse is present.

6. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,152 / 7
    Hmmmm I don't like the sound of that, and so far that is the one thing that would 100% make me not want to go there. I mean, yes Elyse and I are normally together, but I don't like rules saying we have to be. I know it is more LS then TTR, and I am not in the LS, but what if we made friends over the vacation and wanted to hang with them. I can see one of us too drunk or tired and that person just didn't want to go to the hot tub, cause they were taking a nap in the room or something else. I wouldn't want to be restricted to what I can do, where I can go, or who I can hang with. I didn't realize the premise of the hot tub was basically you’re in here too have sex with others, so you better bring something to the table aka tub.

I am glad to know this now though, because it was make me thing differently before booking there, or even taking a 2 day offer if TTR was overbooked.

7. NLNSCouple

Ratings:
    +25 / 0
    The premise of the hot tub isnt to have sex with others, however there is sex going on around the hot tub. It is usually a no pressure environment, however I think the couples only rule is a safety measure. I was there 4 years ago and was pushed against the wall in the female washroom by a older man who was rarely seen in public with his partner. I think incidents like this is the reason the rule was implemented. However, it does suck that normal, respectful people are restricted due to the unacceptable behavior of a few idiots.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice