March 14-21 2013

Discussion in 'Golden Parnassus Forum' started by klanigan, Nov 9, 2012.

1. klanigan

klanigan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi fellow travelers,
    Was wondering if anyone could tell me about getting bumped and how to avoid it. Should I upgrade to Club Room. I am booked for a Ocean view. Booked through Apple. Extremely worried would get bumped to non adult only! yikes couldnt handle the kiddie on vacation!

Thanks,
    Karen

2. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    its unavoidable and its a lottery in my opinion. ive seen people thats a repeat guest getting bumped and seen newbies that dont get bumped.

you wont know til you get there

3. beach.cpl

beach.cpl Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    So, if you do get bumped from the Golden to the Great, can you shuttle back to the Golden to hang out if you want to avoid the family resort setting and enjoy the adults only ?

4. TNCJ1

TNCJ1 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Im pretty sure that you can go back and forth, they have shuttles leaving between each like every hour or so.

5. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 1
    We have gone to the GP several times and we have been very fortunate. However, if we get bumped this February, hold on as we may camp in the lobby as others have done. Who wants to shuttle to enjoy what you payed for? I would not worry about it as there is nothing you can do about it.

Possibly going the 16-23, February.

6. 808sensation

808sensation Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yes u can...but shuttle stops at 1045pm.....but u can take the cab for $10

7. klanigan

klanigan Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for your replies. I did talk to several travel agents with Apple and Funjet. Pretty much guaranteed me that this wont happy due to the fact that Apple and Fun jet have rooms blooked just for them per there contract. My TA says she will check availability the day before I leave to see if they are overbooked. Anyway, i will just hold my breath upon check-in.

8. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +347 / 1
    Five couples just booked for February 16-23. Some party hard, some don't. We are some of the partiers. Looking foward to a great week.

9. HammieJ

HammieJ I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +12 / 0
    Of my 8 times there I was only bumped once.... and that was in 2009. We minded at first but then we realized we got a better bed, a room on the 12th floor with our own private restaurant, jacuzzi in room, amazing view, and could still go to the golden.

In 2011 I was kinda unhappy with them though. We paid for a oceanview and the first night was on the lagoon because they overbooked. The second night was in an oceanview room that didn't view the ocean. -_- The third night we finally were in a good room! My room-mate was not happy with all of the shuffling around. I just wanted a room worth my money. We stayed for almost two weeks so luckily it wasn't like i unpacked again and again for only a few more nights.

They know me and I know them and I dont think it matters. It's like pulling cards out a hat. Just stand firm and say no no no and you may get your way. Otherwise the Great does have an adults only topless pool.... the beaches are always topless..... and you can still go to the Golden at any hour pretty much.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice