man am i going to feel like an ass

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by beachcomer, Dec 16, 2008.

1. dmac

dmac Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +25 / 0

Jamie, you know I sent all those pics to you already. Oh, I forgot about those we took last week. Come on over and we'll check them out. :D

2. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Agree

I have to agree with dmac about the "pervs" being discreet. They are everywhere where people party in a free spirited manner. I spend my summers boating on a very large lake in the middle of the country which is known for it's "Party Cove". Anyway, my teenage daughter was surfing YouTube and guess who she found dancing on the back of a Sea Ray?? Yours truly...luckily, I was behaving but I had no clue that I was being filmed!

3. TexasCouple

TexasCouple Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think that some people are misunderstanding or misinterpreting my earlier comments.

When we were at BBG in 2003 and 2004, there were cameras. People took pictures around the pool and during some of the poolside games. These were friends taking pictures of friends or people taking pictures of people being goofy during the games. We participated in a lot of the games and had a blast. We had no problems with the cameras.

When we were at TTR last July, it seemed to be quite a few paparazzi set on taking pictures of topless women. We had entered our first contest last July (the body shot contest on the poolside bar). Melinda wanted to let another couple go first to see what it was like. When the first couple got up there, we were literally pushed aside by a dozen guys with cameras clamoring to get a shot. You would have thought that it was Paris Hilton getting out of car in a short dress. After witnessing this, Melinda said “No Way”.

I remember when they had “Anything Goes” there was a strict No Camera policy. They would blackout the bar and if you didn’t participate, you were told to leave. During the other evening contests, The Legs Contest, The Boxers Contest… etc. camera usage was restricted. There was some pretty wild stuff happening that I’m sure wouldn’t have happened if there were flashes going off. During this last trip, Melinda dressed for the lingerie contest. When the contest started, out came the cameras. The contest was fun, but much more toned down and I attribute it to the paparazzi.

All I’m saying, is that there is a noticeable increase in UNSOLICITED camera usage and this kinda flies in the face of the “Nobody Knows You and Nobody Gives a Sh*t” motto. I know that people can take unwelcomed pictures anytime if they want to bad enough. I understand that if you go topless there is always a risk that pictures can end up on the internet. I just think that if this unsolicited camera usage continues to increase; it will change the culture at TTR.

BTW, Annette, I’m familiar with the McDonald’s cell phone camera case. A couple “accidentally” left their cell phone on the table that had naked pictures of his wife on it. He called the restaurant and asked them to watch it that he would be back and get it after awhile. One or some employees found the pics and posted them on the net. He found the pics almost immediately among the millions on the net and files a lawsuit against the franchise owner AND McDonald’s Corporation. Sounds like a setup to me.
    Marsh

4. Empyrean

Empyrean Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :oops:

The ones you really have to worry about you'll never know that they're taking pictures:

http://www.spyville.com/spy-camera-sunglasses.html

5. dancing sean

dancing sean Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    when i'm there i'll try and keep people taking pictures of me (lampshade)so people won't be taking unwanted pictures.i'm sure i've ended up on you tube somewhere,but for me there are no consequences.this is a vacation that should have memories for people who are there and not for the rest of the world to see

6. xraider13

xraider13 Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +155 / 0
    I figured I better jump in before I get tossed into that perverted lurker group... haha.. I agree with dmac and many of the comments.

Whe I was there in July, I took lots of pictures, 95% of which involved Andrea in one form of dress or undress. At times I felt like a perv taking pictures of my own wife at a poolside game standing there with my camera rooting her on. I wanted everyone to know, "thats my wife up there which is why the camera is glued to her".. I didn't even notice at first how many other camera's there where. What really set it off was when she was in the sexy legs contest and I was taking some video with my camera and we watched it later... it was like the paparazi in there.. Flash * Flash * Flash * Flash * Flash .. we both pretty much expected that one of us would be on YouTube when we got back.. Granted a lot more flashes went off for her than did for my sexy legs competition lol..

Taking pictures of your group and others with permission is fine in my book. Did I end up with a few pictures of ladies toppless that I didn't meet that were not the main focus of my pictures..yes.. and you have to expect that when at TTR. I'm not destroying them, but not distributing them either (unless you have the password haha). I also think that 98% of the pictures that people would be concerned about would come from the guy that is hiding his camera.. rather than the ones running up and using a flash....

Although I wasn't too pleased when I watched the video our friends took during the bathing suit changing game.. when it captured a guy running around the pool to get an up close picture of Andrea standing up trying to pull the suit up... hey, if you happened to get a shot of it from the crowd.. thats fine.. I took some pics from the crowd of the various games too... (ok.. not too many cause we were in most of them) But running up on stage to try and get a closeup of someone you don't know... thats not cool... (kind of like what Marsh descibed with the body shot competition) you may as well be a creepy guy with a telephoto lens hiding in the bushes.... just my 2 cents... Fortunately neither of us are too concerned about it, but I'm sure there are people that are. So recapping, "its not an ideal world". If you are afraid that a picture of you doing something ( being topless, getting drunk, doing anything stupid) could come back to haunt you.. don't do it.... yes its a shame you can't do things without fear of people disrespecting your privacy, but in todays wonderful world of technology.. those people that thrive on it will always find a way smuggle a hidden camera.. so you'll never truely know if you are safe unless you just don't do it..

With all that said.. $399 for a pair of spy sunglasses... Way cool... :lol:

7. icecube88

icecube88 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +910 / 0
    Hello all...Hope everyone has a nice holiday!! I would have to agree with Dmac and Xraider on the pic taking. I did take alot of pics while on my vacation to Temptations. They were taken of new friends that i met and some goofy games. If i offended anyone..Please let me know... :( I go to Temptations to have FUN and maybe meet some new friends. The pics are for memories of the fun i once had.... :-|

8. MarknTami

MarknTami Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Unwanted Pictures

We will be at TTR for the 2nd time in 3 days. We do intend to take pictures because we are on vacation and what to be able to reflect back and laugh when we come back home to reality. Are we going to take unwanted perverted pictures of anyone? No, unless they ask us too of course. But we do take random photos. If you see us take a photo that you feel is inappropiate of you or your significant other, just ask to see it. If we caught you in a pose that you are afraid of being seen then we'll delete it, as you watch. No need to get testy with us or beat anybody up, we're there to have fun as well.

9. miranda

miranda Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    This is exactly what happens when you have an almost "anything goes" sexy resort that allows singles. Mix that in with alcohol and you've a perfect combination for inappropriate photos being taken while you are "enjoying" your vacation. :roll:

Having said that, however, it can, and does, happen everywhere.

Oh, and turing into the "big man on campus" by bullying someone if you don't like them taking pictures - yeah, that's a grown-up thing to do. :roll:

But then, so is taking inappropriate pictures of other people without their permission.

10. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    Just an idea but it would be nice if people did have semi naked pics of strangers in the backround of thier pictures if they blurred out the faces before posting them anywhere. I think that would keep everyone happy. I know it takes a lot of trust but if we don't trust each other then we won't enjoy ourselves.
    As people know, Lynfa & I are swingers so there are loads of naked/action pictures that others have taken of us on the net but all of them have blurred out our faces which makes us feel comfy. The copy they have for thier own eyes obviously dosen't have blurred faces so they can look back and enjoy the pictures fully. Do you think people would do this???????

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice