Mambo Cafe ?

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by NormsKid, Jan 18, 2007.

1. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Anybody know when it is going to open in the hotel zone?

Michelle

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
  3. P H I L A D E L P H

P H I L A D E L P H Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    what type of place will this be? night club? lounge cafe? restaurant?

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mambo Cafe is a local nightclub in Plaza las Americas. They are opening on in the hotel zone.

It is NOT like any of the other clubs in th hotel zone. It's a salsa club with a live salsa band and all th pomp that goes along with that.

The one downtown is frequented by some tourists but I'd say about 90% of the patrons are local.

Nice dance floor and great "show" but like i said nothing like whatyoua re use to with the Citya nd Coco Bongo. It's actually much more classy in my opinion.

5. J Man

J Man Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I recently went to the one in Playa Del Carmen. I got there at 10:30 and ordered drinks. I noticed no one was there. I asked where every one was at, and they told me the band starts at 12:30, and that close at 6:00 a.m. I went somewhere else. That's too late for me.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    10:30 is way to early for Mambo Cafe.

Remember...it's a locals place and many of the locals don't even get off work until around midnight.

12:30 is a good time to go and be able to get a table.

7. davissummer24

davissummer24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I sure hope they get it open by June. I went to the Mambo in Playa in October( got a free pass from a taxi driver) and I felt like I walked into a movie or Vegas show. Waiters grabbing ladies and dancing in the aisles. It was the most fun I had in Playa. That place is def not like any Cancun club

8. bncancun

bncancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Our FAVORTITE Place. many years ago Aida was an instructor there.
    The show starts at Midnight and you dfinatley want to be there for the opening it is the best. Usually a 12 piece band plays the best Salsa, Merengue and Cumba music.
    some of the Mexican National Champions have come out of Mamboo's. If nothing else go watch, bet you can't keep your feet from moving. :cool:

9. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have you tried the Mambo Cafe is Plaza Las Americas in Cancun???

10. davissummer24

davissummer24 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Nope. Never made it to the one in Plaza Las Americas. Never made it to Plaza Las Americas period which is sad since I'm going on my fourth trip. Maybe I'll give it a try next time.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice