Make sure you leave a tip

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by TerryB, Feb 28, 2009.

1. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    If you get good service, please leave a tip. tips are inclued in most packages, but they are divide them by every one. These people that take care of us and help us have such a good time, dont make much money, so please help take care of them. Terry

2. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    tips

jamie update us if we are a little out of date here. the normal staff around the resort- waiters, maids, bartenders- get paid very poorly( about what a cheap mcdonalds breakfast would cost), the activity paid somewhat better but still not great. and no sick time = no work no pay .
    we normally take $25 per day in $1 bills plus any pesco left overs just for tips. screen your money from the trip. any bills which are torn, worn or marked on are worthless. they can not be exchanged or used.
    we quietly slip our waiters etc a few bucks thru our stay. these people work very hard and i image just a few $ means a great week vs a tight week. we also bring a few special items for the staff and special bartenders. last trip was harley t-shirts. went over great.

3. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    You hit the nail on the head Rick... $5-10 a day doesn't go far anywhere in the world. So if you're having a great time it's probably becuase of the staff taking care of yuou so you don't have to think about anything else.

As Terry said the "tips included" as part of your package gets spread across everyone from the Captians on down so any particular person serving you might get 50 cents in tips from your package for your entire stay.

And folks.. do it because of the service you get. Don't think throwing a $5 at a bartender gets you the right to call him Paco all night and think that he, or she, is going to drop everything and run to you when you walk up. Act like that and go thirsty all night. Tip for good service, expect no special favors, and you'll get treated like a King or Queen your entire stay.

Jamie

4. cheribeth

cheribeth Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We tipped when we went to Punta Cana.. Our maid was so greatful! She was truly awesome.. Couldnt speak a lick of English but really tried to show she appreciated us.. I even brought perfume, crayons, shampoo.. It was great seeing how happy they were when we gave them stuff. I actually got married there and gave the maids in our section the rest of our wedding cake.. My husbands uncle slipped our maid a $20 for taking such good care of us!

5. KuffandVix

KuffandVix Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Being a bartender, I know how nice it is to recieve tips. I tipped each bartender $5 a day, every day...the wait staff depending on the restaraunt was anywhere from $2+ for lunch at the buffet's to $15+ at the specialty restaraunts, $3 a day for the maid. One nite i had Danny & Tiger make shots for everyone at the bar and told all the guests they had to tip the bartender before they could drink the shot...all in all, it came out to about $150-$200 they made on THAT shot, I took advantage of everyones inhebriated state of mind...lol....haven't had to worry about anything since.
    In fact, the next year when I walked into the bar after arriving, Danny saw me coming and had barstools ready for us and our drinks waiting...couldn't believe he remembered after a year had passed. Take care of them, they take care of you. People couldn't believe how well I got treated and I was asked repeatedly how come they take such good care of me, my reply was simple....tip them well, they're working their tails off so you can be happy. I always tipped because the service was A+, i didn't tip just to tip....they work hard....very hard and earn every dollar that's given to them.

6. TerryB

TerryB I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That was a good idea, we have made paper planes out of ones and flew them at them and made chain braclets out of ones and to give to them, They always take good care of us too, always know what we drink. We always leave our farorite waiter a very large tip before we leave. Terry

7. us2933

us2933 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +124 / 0
    On our last two trips we tipped everyone who served us no matter how good or bad the service was (we won't get into that on this thread).
    As we go for 14 days tipping daily would become very expensive for us so we gave quite a large amount at the begining of our hols, some more at the begining of the 2nd week and them if someones been special they get some more (our waiter & maid last time, they were both awesome).

We'd say give always even if they ain't great because they may just be having a bad day and we all get them and know what they are like.

8. TDiddy

TDiddy Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    What is more appropriate to tip to the maids? Money or gifts? Never been to Mexico? 16.5 days till take off...whoo hooo...

9. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    I couldn't agree more about everything in your post. The bar staff is so good that Pedro (one of the bartenders) slid my fav drink over to me without even asking what I wanted, and I had not been to the resort for a few months. I can barely get that at a bar that I do to every month.

10. KuffandVix

KuffandVix Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We think money......something we're sure they always need.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice