make me stop shopping

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by angels_among_us, Dec 4, 2006.

1. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :cry: I cant stop.. I just bought more stuff :lol: last week I said I was done. then ordered them each a 5 inch tv( and radio combined) for camping ( excpet dallas since he cant see . he has a mp3 player already)

then I had to go and buy them mp3/ ipod docking stations. um.. I ended up ordering 8 of these... LOL one for all 5 kids one for dh and god childrens dad and one for toys for tots.

Then I found a ring online that had a blue stone ( and its real!) and I had to get it for my God daughter as thats her favorit color. :lol:

plus on the 15th we have to still go get the big gifts.

Here is what they are getting for the big gifts.

Andrianna a brandnew laptop or desktop depending on what we find then. and learning games. a carry bag if we get a laptop a printer if we get a desktop.

Dallas ( got no clue on his big gift. help me out here guys!)

14 year old god daughter a digital camera and 20 inch tv for her room

12 year old god son a 20 inch tv and a new xbox and game

6 year old god son a fancy learning laptop and a giant construction set

I have no idea what to get Dallas for his big gift.. I am kinda stressing over it...

Here is what we got him so far.. ( uh some of the stuff. lol)

TMx elmo!
    buckle up elmo!
    Elmo tool bench!
    The goggles to go with the tool bench!
    the tool belt that goes with Elmo tool bench!
    a GIANT two and half foot superman
    a video rocker!!!! ( it is a gameing rocking chair that you can hook his mp3 player up to and it has speakers on the rocker)
    A elmo roll around car ( its cute)
    ( another elmo thing but cant think what its called and dont wanna go and look)
    the mp3 system speakers
    OHH!! Air drum sticks!! he can play them in the air LOL
    a Giant PEZ ( its cookie monster and its giant)

ok there is more but i cant remember them.. LOL anyways I need one giant gift for him and have no idea what to get.. Yes we have gotten him a lot but we want that one big big gift 2! This years christmas for the children is extra special as its the first Dallas can enjoy so were going really big on all the children's gifts!

I KNOW I went overboard but this is a special christmas we will all remember forever. MOST of the gifts I have won or gotten on a GR
    EAT sale. You would be surprised at how little we actully spent!

SOOO any idea's on the big gift for dallas? we was thinking a swing set but dont want to do that because were moving in a few months and thats a pain to put up and down. He has a GREAT stero already so thats out. He has a mp3 player so thats out. Clothing is not a big gift so thats out. He has ALL the elmo's you could buy so thats out. Keep in mind he is blind and has Cerebral palsy..

HERE is what we was thinking of getting him

[​IMG]

Rehab Pedalo, this would help him learn to walk better and use his arm and legs and back. He used one before in PT. But it wont get here before christmas( but were still ordering Dallas one, either this one or one like it)

He has a trampoline also ( a giant one lol!) and a small one for inside the house!

what we may do is get him his first big boy bed. ( a car one) he is so small he is still in a toddler bed. thinking of maybe doing a car bed.. is that dumb for a christmas gift?

All the children are getting a giant big christmas. We have explained this cant happen everyyear but this year is extra special and that we talked to Santa and santa thinks all the children should get some extra surprises this year!

2. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :shock: :shock: Don't tell Janie you have a tmx Elmo......she's been lookin for one for months :!: :!:

3. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :lol: haha I earned Elmo. I waited over 19 hours in the cold over night to get him OUTSIDE in the dark. :lol:
    you can get them off ebay now and njot to bad of a price. ( ive seen some go for retail on there!)

4. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    finished with Dh's shopping. I got him this
    [​IMG]

I hope I did good. its really big and has a burner and griddle. his is broken so I hope he likes it. I dont know anything about grills. but this one was on majior sale at lowers for $235 (after taxes)

5. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Charbroil is a pretty good name :D It looks great :!: I'm sure he'll love it :!: :!:

6. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I hope so LOL i dont know anything about them!

7. Bridget

Bridget Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got my TMX off of ebay too. With shipping it ended up being about 82.00

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    :shock: :shock: Shhhhhhhhhhh :!: :!: Don't tell Janie :D :D :D

9. angels_among_us

angels_among_us Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I AM DONE SHOPPING!!! DONE!!!! We ended up not getting andrianna a laptop.. Decided this would be best for her bday ( she has so much already for christmas) we got a small camcorder instead and a 15 and 1 game table!! and memory card for her camcorder

Dallas a P.J story bear, UP UP elmo . Electric drums and story teller
    God son nintendo DS, Game and Carry case
    God daughter digital camera, memory card and case
    God son age 6 Leapster,case and game.
    that's their big gifts but they got lots of others ( that are big 2 LOL but this is their"santa" gifts

10. MartinnVegas

MartinnVegas Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I only buy big items when I feel guilty about something. This year my boy only gets a small educational toy and a week of "son and dad" activities. We started yesterday with an all day trip to the Childres Discovery Center.

This year for the first time I'm not as broke (thank God), but I can't find anything to spend the money on that would make us happy. He and I will have a great xmas building a bird house together for the cabin. That's what I would have wanted from my old man as a child.

We'll spend the cash buying gifts for my 9 million nieces and nephews, and as usual, he'll be dlighted to give out the gifts on xmas eve.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice