Major Announcement: The New Cancuncare Site is Live!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got that too..it just kept coming up saying "This board is unavailable."

At least I wasn't the only on.

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I have a monitoring account that checks the site every 15 mins 24/7 and auto emails me if the site goes down, I think we are probably talking about different things. :wink:

If you get the "This board is unavailable." it usually means I'm either altering some files or making a sitemap, and have switched the board off temporarily. It normally only takes me a few mins so I dont always give prior notice unless it's likely to be off for a while.

A sitemap records all the url's and their inter-relationship, since the site has changed in the last week and I've been fixing things throughout I've been switching the board off for a couple of minutes fairly regularly, so I just automap the main site and not the forum which has too many pages to record.

I also changed the footer to add in links to the new pages, add a new graphic from cancun maps ..... and to take off Manta Divers who haven't paid me for 6 months :mad:

3. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Okay..thanks for clearing that up. And you're right..it only lasted a few minutes.

BTW..I need a shopping list when you get a chance. Already got the beans and packets of Colemans Chip Shop Curry. :wink:

4. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Awsome site Steve....as I knew it would be!!! Congrats!!

Michelle

5. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    New site looks good, I noticed a lot of text clipping though... in both IE7 and Firefox

For example;

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice