Major Announcement: The New Cancuncare Site is Live!

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Steve, Sep 30, 2007.

1. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    The new cancuncare web site went live around midnight!

Check it out at http://www.cancuncare.com/

To celebrate our fifth birthday the website now has a totally new look befitting the internet of 2007 rather than that of 5 years ago. A years work has gone into this, with the first 6 months planning and design, and the latter 6 months filling with content and constantly tweaking.

The new site uses a totally different structure which I feel will be both more user friendly and will lead to both increased traffic and increased sales :)

It also allows me to add a ton of new pages to whatever category I like without overloading the navigation system, which I wasnt able to before. I'll be adding new pages frequently.

New things of note:
    - Around 4 times more pages than the old site, maybe 300 now ( I haven't counted them yet) whereas there were 75 before.
    - Video for all tours and nightclubs.
    - Lots more photos.
    - Live Cancun airport departures and arrival information.
    - Latest Cancun news stories automatically updated as they happen.
    - Interactive satellite map of Cancun.
    - Improved hotel price comparison and booking system.
    - Check prices for BBG from 4 different providers from one page without having to visit each site and search around.
    - Expanded detail on almost every previous subject covered

With the new structure I am sure the forum will get even more busier than it is already. I'll also be making a few tweaks to the forum to try and ensure that some forum traffic also flows back into the site too, now I'm actually proud to show it off once again.

Not wanting this to sound like an Oscar speech, but I must thank Kim of Magnolia Web Design (Rivergirl from the board). It was Kim that built the overall look of the new site to the exact brief I wanted, and she has been a great source of support and a knowledgable sounding block for the past 12 months.

Also, Jannet my wife, who has had to live through my stresses and strains as the new site developed and the various hurdles and frustrations along the way. I love you babe :)

Please check out the new site and tell me what you think. I am sure you will love it. If you do then please spread the word to others and help make www.cancuncare.com the ultimate Cancun website.

2. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks Great Steve & Jannet !!

All your hard work has paid off.

3. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    There may be some errors at the moment, pictures not showing (like below in the forum) or links that dont lead to the right place.

I have fixed most of the ones I knew would happen, please click around and if you encounter any please provide the detail here and I'll fix it up asap.

4. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congratz on a job well done!!!

5. janie

janie Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    LOOKS GREAT, STEVE! :clap: :clap: :clap:

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Very nice, Steve!!!

All the hard work you and Jannet did certainly paid off.

7. TANDG

TANDG Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Congratulations....may it be a huge success! It looks wonderful!

8. R.I. GAL

R.I. GAL Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    WOW :!: :!: Looking good :!: :!:

9. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    looking good!!!! I love the look of the new site!

10. Shari

Shari Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Excellent

Steve I love your new site. It's attractive, fun, organized, easy to use, what more could you want!!

After reading your LaBoom page I was reminded of my most recent blog, final ecstasy, which hypothesizes what Cancun could have been like if the LaBoom area took off as party central instead of the area that actually made it. I'm not trying to plug my site (at least not this time) but I think you might like it and I wouldn't mind your opinion of it. http://remembercancun.com/Blog/Entries/2007/9/25_Final_Ecstasy.html

You did it again with another wonderful site!!! :clap:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice