mail to Cancun

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by amers, Feb 26, 2007.

1. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi! My husband wanted to send a letter sized envelope with a couple of pictures to someone in Cancun from the US, what would be the best way to do it? We had checked UPS and Fed Ex and was pretty expensive, just curious if regular mail here (like Airmail letter instead of economy letter) would actually get there? Any help would be much appreciated. Thanks!!

2. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Do not use UPS.

I always use FecEx. Yes, it is a bit expensive but it is by far the most reliable I have found.

I have used USPS airmail but the few times I did the letter either never arrived or it too far to long to get there.

If it's really important that the person receive the pictures then I would say spring for FedEx or if it's someone at a resort see if there's someone on here going down to that resort who wouldn't mind delivering them for you.

3. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, it is not at a resort, it is just pictures that my husband asked our waiter if he would like us to send to him, and he got the business card with the address. Maybe I'll see if my husband can get a discount at Fed Ex, I know he said he could for UPS but sounds like that would not be the way to go. :) It would have been much easier to just email them. Oh well.

4. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I take it is's a waiter at a restaurant?

Can you not e-mail them to the restaurant?

5. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I am always telling people that Fedex is best, but just today I received an unexpected package from the States, regular mail and it's dated February 7th! Almost unheard of, lol!

Priority Post (or something similar) is safe too, I have received a few packages this way, but for something of value that needs to be there at a certain time, Fedex is it. Any service that requires a signature to receive the package will be better than regular mail, but as I experienced today, the mail sometimes actually gets here.

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    DHL is ok too for packages containing papers or pictures. I would not send anything of value here without a tracking number, but even that is not enough.

JohnDish I think it was (or Drewbert??) told me that FedEx packages go through Customs here in Cancun. And DHL packages go through Customs in Mexico City. So that's important to take into account if you are sending something that Customs may care about as the Mexico City Customs branch is slower to process stuff than Cancun. Papers and photos won't get a second look from Customs though so it won't matter which you use.

7. amers

amers Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the info, my husband says that they use DHL at work plus UPS and Fed Ex, so he is going to check DHL rates thru work too. (we forgot about that one) Yes, it is not anything of value, just pictures and a card that we all signed saying thank you that we wanted to send. It doesn't matter when they get to Cancun, just would be nice if they do really get there. Thanks for the info!!

8. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I always had great success with DHL. At the time, however, I did not know that FedEx was there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice