Maids stealing/hiding clothes under beds?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BCO40, Aug 3, 2007.

1. J-n-K

J-n-K Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been there 3x (with the old k - now have a new k ... what a coinsidence) . We never had anything come up missing and have left things laying around that we shouldn't have. I don't think you have anything to worry about. But again just my thoughts. I don't post (just lurk), but this one got my ire - maybe the new k will look as good in a teeny thong;o). j (sorry for the spelling - just one of those damn engineers. hope I can convince the new k to go this spring ;o)

2. 1st_Mate

1st_Mate Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +153 / 0
    Been to Mexico 11 times and BBG/TTR twice. Not one time did anything come up missing. Those girls work very hard and we tip them accordingly.

Last year is the 1st time that I lost something and was not able to find it. Woke up the 2nd day after indulging too much on the 1st day (never a good thing) and realized I left my sunglasses by the pool. I went to front desk to see if there was a lost/found. She grabbed all the glasses they had and asked if one of them was mine. She did not ask for a description. None were mine so I was out a new pair of sunglasses but they could have been picked up by another guest.

One TR is not going to make a difference to us. We always lock up our drivers license and our passport. That is about it. We want to be able to get home...the rest is replaceable.

3. glenn/monique

glenn/monique Titties n Beer Registered Member

Ratings:
    +423 / 1
    9 trips to bbg/temptations and never anything even moved by maids...........i think it's crap.

4. tere

tere Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Me thinks it was one girlfriend ripping off another girlfriend...not the maids. Not at Temptations, never a problem.

5. mikentami

mikentami Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Many many moons ago I was a bank manager. One thing they taught us was

10% of the people will never steal from you
    10% will steal every chance they get
    80% will steal if they get a chance AND if they can justify it to themselves.

I think this is true in any culture.

The moral, don't give someone the chance, lock your valuables up, and don't give them the reason. Be nice, accept everyone as equal and hope that you don't run into the 10% that will take you no matter what.

6. Ken and Darcie

Ken and Darcie Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +17 / 0
    their was this maid a couple trips ago that the wife wanted to stick under the bed and bring home with us.... Oh but that's another story!

7. Iowa Pork Chop

Iowa Pork Chop Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Mikentami are 100% correct. As a restaurant owner I had all of my 20 employees take a lie detector test when a large sum of money went missing. 2 had never stolen anything, 2 were stealing everything they could the remainder had to some degree, some more some less, stolen something. In my visits to BBG / TTR I have never had anything taken. I thought the maid was stealing cigarettes at one point but realized the more I drank the more I smoked. Cancun has an image to maintain and most of the employees at the hotels realize that their job depends on it. If you get a chance watch the way they pat down the baggage handlers at the airport when they come out of the belly of plane. They don't get the chance to steal.

8. backs13

backs13 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +16 / 1
    ive been there quite a bit, only witnessed one problem, that was in 2006 my buddy had the last room on the beach over by the where they rent the jet skis, we all went to lunch and came back to find his portable dvd player missing and his camera, we were really under the impression that one of the guys from the beach that sell stuff had jumped in and took them , the video surveillance showed shadows, but no real evidence, to make a long story short, we did the police thing down town , and the Hotel was outstanding in trying to do all they could to not only assure it would not happen again, but so that he would come back again...
    Also they checked my room and every body else that was with us , they checked all their rooms, just to make sure it wasnt a hoax to get free things or something out of the hotel... I think the hotel is great, I think the service is great, I personally have NEVER had an issue with the maids, many of which by the 2nd week, just laugh at my drunken mess of a room and put my money on the dresser and pick up the articles i leave on the floor... .. though one year i think i left my liver there.....

9. ThosePeople

ThosePeople Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    crap or not

the fact remains that somehow it got out of our safe (or at least the number) and charges were made. MasterCard contacted the vendor and did not try to dispute the charges either which is odd. Why would a vendor not want his money? I also emailed the hotel and the main office and never heard back from them at all.

10. ThosePeople

ThosePeople Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Follow up

--For those of you that are interested. We have repeatedly called and emailed every connected to this hotel and not one call back or email. In the country where I come from, we have something small called customer service! I fail to see how they feel they can run a a successful business with zero customer service. Then again, they just have to change the name, tell us they made sweeping changes and we are always more than happy to leave the snow and give it another shot. This is Trip 9 for us to Mexico and it will be the last. Customer service throughout Mexico is nothing like it used to be. All we seem to be is a pile of walking $$ to them.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice