Maids stealing/hiding clothes under beds?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BCO40, Aug 3, 2007.

1. Angibaby

Angibaby Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My bf and I have only been once. We were there in April. We didnt have anything stolen. The safe isnt that big the only thing we put in there was my ipod, my SLR camera and cash. He had a laptop and I had two Coach bag in the room. We had our cells and I know we left my small digital camera laying aroud all the time. We also had cash lay in the room and seriously it wasnt touched except what was on the bed for a tip. I wouldnt just leave a couple bucks lay unless you intend for it to be a tip but because we had a tip on the bed I think they knew the other money wasnt for them.

None of my clothing was stolen or even touched. Now maybe it wasnt cute enough or something but he and I bought lots of new stuff and they still had tags when we went down there.

I wouldnt worry too much. Really those stories can happen everywhere. Even here in the states.

2. Nalisa

Nalisa Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +42 / 0
    we have been to BBG 3 times and have not ever had the issue either. In fact, many times if not all times, any clothing we left on the floor was always folded and laid neatly on the dresser next to my jewelry that I had left out also. Our maids have always taken great care of us and our things in our rooms. I know that bad things can happen in great places..but great things happen in great places too!! In fact, the only thing ever "stolen" at BBG was our Sunblock...haha...we found it the next day in our friend's bag. Can you say too much Chinos induced tequila drinking???? :oops:

3. Rick

Rick Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +176 / 0
    missing/stolen

sherri and i have 9 trips to bbg, never had a problem with anything coming up missing. we use the safe for passports and trvchecks.
    however its my experence 5 percent of any group causes 95 percent of the problems. if its happen before any good supervisor worth anything always has some insight of how,what and where when a problem comes up with their employees. if this did happen i would wager the thief was fired on the spot- especially at bbg.

4. fbjr1

fbjr1 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +35 / 0
    :cool: :cool: :cool:
    we have been 12 times now and never had anything stolen from our room. we leave all valuables in the safe but my wife takes very expensive designer clothes and have never had anything go missing. however it happens everywhere sometime. we have clothes go missing in vegas and san diego!!!

5. BCO40

BCO40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I hear what you are all saying and I agree wholeheartedly! The theft report was from July 10th this year. So it doesn't matter how many times weve all been anywhere in the past. One bad apple(new employee) might not spoil the whole bunch, but could sure pi$s a gal off :breathefire: It's the chance we all take. Speaking of take, i'm taking less so there's less chance.

6. Klaw

Klaw Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've been to BBG 65 times and never once had something go missing from my room.

In fact, just the opposite has occured several times.

A friend and I were there one time and she didn't want to risk losing her expensive diamond rings so she locked the min the safe for the whole trip. On the day we were to check out she took themout of the safe nd laid them on the table with the intent of putting them on when she finished drying her hair.

Well, long and short of it is our ride came to get us a bit earlier than we anticipated and we walked right out of the room leaving the rings on the table. She did not realize she had lefdt them until we were in the air.

When I got home later that evening there was a message from one of themanagers at BBG stating the maid had found the rings and turned them in. We are not talking about cheap rings either...easily worth $15,000US combined.

BBG sent them back to Candy by Fed Ex.

The maid easily could have taken those rings and there would not have been anything we could do about it. We were gone. We couldn't have proved Candy had left the rings in the first place.

To me the fact that she turned them in should honesty on her part.

I have left number ous things in my rooms...bathing suits etc....and never once not been able to secure the return of the item. It was usually BBG who contacted me about the recovered item.

Do I think that sometimes things are stolen at BBG..sure. Do I think that sometimes things are stolen from other resorts...sure. You can be the victim of theft anywhere and everywhere.

As for the managers knowing where to go to look for the items...well, it would make sense to me to look under the bed. There's really not a lot fo other places to hid something in those rooms.

7. Mr.Cancun

Mr.Cancun Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Never had any problems with anything at bbg,just relax and enjoy your vacation.I will be there for the third time Feb 8/08 to 22,will be a great time.
    cheers Mr.cancun

8. Jamie

Jamie Mayor of Temptation Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,168 / 5
    Sorry but having been to BBG for as long as I have and having read "trip reports" on other sites that occurred at the same time I was there I have to totally disagree with you.

People make up things about BBG all the time and try and pass them off as true. I’ve seen people swear to everything from orgies in Anything Goes to Guards attacking guests on the way to their rooms to Maids stealing everything that wasn’t nailed down. To this day I haven’t met a person face to face that has one of these stories. They always seem to show up on the WEB uncollaborated. If Management knew exactly where to look for something that maid would no longer be working there. Face it, if you had a business where you depended a lot on word of mouth for people to come and you had someone there stealing from the guess, would they still work for you?

The only thing I ever lost in all my trip to BBG was my watch. I left it and my shoes down at the pool one afternoon and went back up to my room. When I was dressing for dinner several hours later I noticed that I left my shoes at the pool. I went down and they had my shoes but not my watch. It was a $12 Timex I'd had for years and had won the ugliest watch with it several times at Anything Goes. Yeah I was disappointed that my watch wasn't there but wrote it off as my stupidity for leaving it at the pool. I was glad my shoes were there because they were the only pair I brought.

So I wouldn't believe the story at all.

Jamie

9. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kim n John,

I agree 110% with Jamie on this. I've been going to BBG since the late 80's-early 90's, back when it was called Blue Bay Village. Before I had a transfer in job assignment, I was going at a minimum, every 3 months.

I've been on the Cancun boards just as long. If you do a simple search at some of the sites, you will see lots of posts & threads written by people who clearly have never been to BBG. It happens quite frequently and this particular issue got so out of hand, that it is partially why CancunCare is here today.

Steve, Karan, myself, Jaime, and many other regulars who go way back, were around when it was at it's ugliest. We all were called all sorts of names for posting what BBG was really like on those other sites. We were flamed like I've never ever seen before or after!

Those of you who only discovered BBG in the last 2-3 years, don't know the half of what went on and the crap that some of us had to deal with in order to keep BBG's internet profile from being the roach-motel -flophouse that some wanted to portray it as.

Bottom line.....one bad apple can spoil the whole bunch. Crime will occur anywhere, anytime. When reading trip reports, don't let one report sway you no matter how good or how bad.......go with the average trip report as that is more indickitive of what your experiance will be.

In other words, throw out the ones that you would call 10's and throw out the ones that you would call 1's....they are the exceptions, not the rule. Concern yourself with the trip reports that contain ALOT of detail, speak to the good as well as the bad, and hint of truth.

Lastly, the staff at BBG are checked every day before they leave the premises. If they have items in their possession that they didn't come into BBG with, they must also have a note or thank you card or something indicating that the item is a gift from one of the guests, or they can't take it with them.

That's why I normally meet staff off of BBG property to give them their carepackages. Who needs added hassle.....

I'm sure Karan or Jaime or Steve will post if they have changed the policy of checking the staff at quiting time, but that's how it was when I was still going there regularly.

Michelle

10. Waste

Waste Moderator Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I travel the US a lot for work. Going from hotel to hotel, from restaurant to restaurant, car rental to car rental and cab to cab, my credit card gets used a lot with people who know that I'm traveling and that I will probably not realize if my credit card is stolen for at least 48 hours. Although most people are honest, every two to three months, there's someone that takes advantage of the situation and racks up a few bills on my cards.

I was just issued my 3rd credit card this year after needing to cancel 5 or 6 last year, and probably the same number the year before. It's to the point where my credit card company knows I'm a target, and issue me an advance card. Whenever I need to cancel my card, my next one is already in my wallet. As my stolen card is canceled, my backup card is activated and it only stalls me for 10 minutes instead of a full day.

Although I prefer to keep my credit card, cash and passport out of sight and secured while I'm not in my room as not to create any Temptation, there's been times at BBG I've had to rush out of my room because I'm late for something (believe it or not!), or even stumbled out (TeqVBall days) and have forgotten to secure those items, leaving them laying around in the room either on the bed, my suitcase, w/ laundry...

I've personally never had anything go missing from my room. It's to the point that when they clean the room, the items are neatly placed on the dresser or nightstand.

I have met a small number of people who have complained about missing items, but never from there room. Like Jamie's experience, it was either from around the pool, ground floor balcony or outside of the resort. The one item I lost was a stainless steel insulated mug from my ground floor balcony.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice