Maids stealing/hiding clothes under beds?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by BCO40, Aug 3, 2007.

1. BCO40

BCO40 Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Anyone had issues with items/clothes missing from rooms? Just read a review about BBG maids, hiding dresses between mattress and box springs. I realize not all reviews are true, good or bad ones, but c'mon... This ones too odd to make up. Poster noted that the management, after being notified went right to the bed to look for items that were missing. How would he know to do that if it wasn't an issue? I would guess that they wouldn't be so dumb as to steal from "repeaters" I'm not looking to start a battle thread here but for the 1st timers, I think it's a fair question to post about.

2. kim-n-john

kim-n-john Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I was just reading the same review and was wondering the same questions... very disturbing the managment knew right where to look ! My guess is they hide them till you leave and then say you left them in the room or something... did not sound like it was made up to me either .. gonna have to stash my speedo in the safe when i'm not wearing it !

Counting down the hours !!!

3. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Personally I wouldn't belive it. Ron and I have been to BBG 3X and stayed different sections every time and have never had anything but quality service from all of the staff including housekeeping. My feeling on the review is that it is someone who is a "BBG hater" and they are trying to make the resort look bad. In the rooms there is a note about how if you steal towels they charge the maids. Do you really think that these women who have a good job and families to support would take the time to hide things? They would be fired and their families would suffer. Trust me, they know this.

Talina

4. kim-n-john

kim-n-john Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I doubt someone is going to makeup a story about their stuff being stolen because they "hate BBG" , the review did not come off that way to me at least , either way it's not stopping me but I do believe it is probly a issue and not a hoax.

5. BCO40

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I agee with you Kim and John... too much detail. Let's face it, it's a good idea. So good it just makes me mad! I won't let it change how i feel or act, but I also will not be brining anything i care much about or can't fit into the safe.

6. RonaldNTalina

RonaldNTalina Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sure that you will have a blast. I wasn't trying to upset anyone just giving you my advice as a 3 timer. Ron and I leave stuff laying on the dresser in our room, cell phones, my wallet and I have never had a problem.

Talina

7. Bethy

Bethy Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We visited BBG for the first time this past March, so we were definately not repeaters, and we never had an issue with anything being taken from our room.
    I left some jewelry on the by the sink one day, and our cell phones plugged in on the night stands and never had it bothered.
    We did leave about $4 everyday for the maid and had a very clean room, plenty of towels and when I asked for an extra pillow, she left three!
    I'm not saying that it hasn't happened that stuff has been stolen out of rooms, but I am thinking it is not probably an everyday occurance and maybe an isolated incident.
    Have a great time at BBG and enjoy.

8. Bart/Annette

Bart/Annette Life begins at 40!!! Registered Member

Ratings:
    +270 / 0
    Anything could happen, however we have never had anything missing while at BBG in the nine times we have been.

Too much time at the bar has caused us to have to look for a long time to find our things, but I doubt if anyone is to blame for that other than ourselves (and the always eager bar staff) :D :D

9. SheBop

SheBop Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +119 / 0
    What review were you reading? Was it on another site?

Sad if it really did happen, but every now and then no matter how great, there is the possibility of someone not really fitting it and breaking the rules. My thinking is that if someone has to steal what I have, then they obviously need it more than I do.

Either way - BBG still rocks. And it won't keep us from being repeaters!!

Shiela and Bob

10. BCO40

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    BB & AB... LOL too funny! I've been known to look all over for my cell WHILE I was talking on it... so i hear ya!!! I think the key here is to not bring so much stuff. Maybe that makes a person a target. Either way, I'm over it. :roll: I just wanted to see what you all thought of it. No place or person is perfect and I don't need to bring my whole closet anyway. Like that song goes, "tequila makes her clothes fall off"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice