Lunch Facilities ?

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by jim saylor, Dec 5, 2019.

1. Restling

Restling I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Buffet?! This thread is going nowhere. I think it’s impossible to have a thread longer than one page where the topic is buffet. Prove me wrong...

2. mcingr

mcingr Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +505 / 1
    You have proven yourself wrong since your post is the first one on the second page. :)

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • List
  3. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Well shoot. I thought it was still page one after I posted. I tried.

4. Boy & Girl

Boy & Girl Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +202 / 2
    In all seriousness there are lots of lunch options:
    1. The buffet. If both sides are open the grills are doing different things on each side so it’s worth checking them both out.
    2. Amores has a small buffet and waiter service.options for basic lunch fare
    3. Tower/Premier guests can go to the rooftop or you can pay ~$20 to go eat up there. Excellent menu if it is a bit slow.
    4. Coffee shop has a few snacks and sweets available
    5. At the pool there are often snacks/food which changes by the day. Last year there was a hot dog stand one day and another with a full buffet of nachos, chicken, burgers etc. There doesn’t seem to be a set schedule but then again I’ve never paid that much attention.
    6. Go back to your room and get a snap in as well as order some room service.
    7. Can premier still order food poolside? It’s been a bit since I’ve tried since I like to go to the buffet instead so this may still be an option.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  5. Jason and Debi CO

Jason and Debi CO Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +557 / 2
    You can still order poolside but it seems to be the least quality of the above mentioned. choices.

6. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    Back on topic. We were not happy with the food at all this last trip. Not sure why? Different taste for different people, but we found what works best for us, and will do it even more next year.

Breakfast buffet has always been ok, but after I had the French Toast from room service I was disappointed in the buffet. Whenever they did have french toast at the buffet, it wasn't as good as room service. Omelettes were just as good if not better, so why bother going down stairs?

For lunch we liked the break of going to the Sky Bar anyway, and everyone always talked about how great the food was up there, and I would read that and just roll my eyes at the computer. Well they were actually right, and as crazy as this might sound the cheese sticks there are the best we have ever had. We will probably do that for lunch most times again. Our wait times varied from ten minutes to well over an hour, so be prepared for that. Fortunately we go over a very busy time, and there were plenty of people up there to talk to or hang out with.

So if a Tower guest I would recommend giving that a try for lunch. I had the fish taco's a couple of times, and they were excellent.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • List
  7. newfyfun4u

newfyfun4u Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +77 / 0
  8. Restling

Ratings:
    +1,627 / 4
    I laughed to myself when I typed that as well. Wondering how could they call it that?!! Anyway it's shrimp taco's.

9. ScubaSteve

ScubaSteve CCC's The Dude Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6,163 / 7
    They used to have fish tacos (not being funny). I think they were at the mexican. They have been removed form the menu, and that made me very sad. They were the best.

10. Lindilou

Lindilou Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +928 / 1
    Breakfast for us is at Seaflirt...every morning. French toast is exellent and you can modify as to double or tripple the order. As a matter of fact, you can customise any thing on the menu...omelet no bean sauce is great and add bacon...or whatever you wish.....just great to eat outside by the beach! We just die for the salmon, capers and lime.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice