Lots of talk about priests...but what about these Evangelists?

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by Brewster, May 7, 2010.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I can tell you that I knew I was heterosexual long before I had sex. Because I like women (then girls *L*). My preference for who I want to be romantically involved with is what made me a heterosexual.

And just because it has the word in it does not make it about the act of sex. When you are asked on a form "What sex are you?" They're asking are you male or female.

So you can see that just because the word sex is used, it doesn't have to have anything to do with the act.

2. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0

Years ago at the Massachusetts state house they used to put the names of the counties on the doors. Supposedly between the men's bathroom and the women's bathroom was the door labeled Middlesex for Middlesex county. Could that be for those who haven't made up their minds yet?

3. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    *LOL*.. nice.

4. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    And most, like yourself, don't have a struggle with sexual identity. It doesn't get tricky until you get nearer the edges of the issue.

Tolerance is the key, I think, to making it all work, and a willingness to let others exercise the same legal rights that we do.

That this is an evolving societal issue, with many loose ends, can be seen by the fact that many states still have laws on the books forbidding the sale of contraceptives; and, making a crime of an act of adultery, or sodomy (sad word, but still in use).

5. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm not saying that some people get confused. I'm just saying that homosexuals and homosexual sex should be viewed apart.

People need to accept that gays live, love, laugh, cry, cheat, steal and die like anyone else. They should be afforded the same rights as anyone else. It's no different than the struggles made by women and minorities.

6. Brewster

Brewster I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I think it ultimately comes down to that in the question of gay marriage.

7. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Interracial marriage in the United States has been fully legal in all U.S. states since the 1967 Supreme Court decision that deemed anti-miscegenation laws unconstitutional, with many states choosing to legalize interracial marriage at much earlier dates.

Not surprisingly the hold out states were all in the south. Many northern states never did have an anti-miscegenation law.

As time passes the controversy fades. The same will hold true for gay marriage.

I think compromise is a great thing where both view points are "just". The premise that gays should be denied the institution of marriage is, in my mind, contradictory to fundamental human rights and is therefore not "just".

8. twinimini

twinimini I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +63 / 0
    Perhaps you are right Brewster, but I'm not so sure. The problem will be with the Evangelicals. In their minds it has to be wrong to be gay because their interpretation of the Bible says so. You've got to remember that there area a whole lot of people out there who think that evolution is bunk and everything happened in seven days. No amount of scientific evidence will let them believe that there is evolution.

9. Brewster

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Dr. Laura

I thought this letter was brilliant...

Letting the Bible Guide Your Path . . .

Dr. Laura Schlessinger is a US radio personality who dispenses advice to people who call in to her radio show. Recently, she said that, as an observant Orthodox Jew, "Homosexuality is an abomination! According to Leviticus 18:22, and cannot be condoned in any circumstance".

The following is an open letter to Dr. Laura penned by a listener (who maybe should take over her show?):

Dear Dr. Laura:

Thank you for doing so much to educate people regarding God's Law. I have learned a great deal from your show, and try to share that knowledge with as many people as I can. When someone tries to defend the homosexual lifestyle, for example, I simply remind them that Leviticus 18:22 clearly states it to be an abomination. End of debate! I do need some advice from you, however, regarding some of the other specific laws and how to follow them:

1. When I burn a bull on the altar of sacrifice, I know it creates a pleasing odour for the Lord - Lev. 1:9. The problem is my neighbours. They claim the odour is not pleasing to them. Should I smite them?

2. I would like to sell my daughter into slavery, as sanctioned in Exodus 21:7. In this day and age, what do you think would be a fair price for her?

3. I know that I am allowed no contact with a woman while she is in her period of menstrual uncleanness - Lev. 15:19-24. The problem is, how do I tell? I have tried asking, but most women seem to take offense(!?!).

4. Lev. 25:44 states that I may indeed possess slaves, both male and female, provided they are purchased from neighbouring nations. A friend of mine claims that this applies to Mexicans, but not Canadians. Can you clarify? Why can't I own Canadians?

5. I have a neighbour who insists on working on the Sabbath. Exodus 35:2 clearly states he should be put to death. Am I morally obligated to kill him myself?

6. A friend of mine feels that even though eating shellfish is an abomination - Lev. 11:10, it is a lesser abomination than homosexuality . I don't agree. Can you settle this?

7. Lev. 21:20 states that I may not approach the altar of God if I have a defect in my sight. I have to admit that I wear reading glasses. Does my vision have to be 20/20, or is there some wiggle room here?

8. Most of my male friends get their hair trimmed, including the hair around their temples, even though this is expressly forbidden by Lev. 19:27.
    But it is not clear what form of death they should suffer?

9. I know from Lev. 11:6-8 that touching the skin of a dead pig makes me unclean - but may I still play football if I wear gloves?

10. My uncle has a farm. He violates Lev. 19:19 by planting two different crops in the same field, as does his wife by wearing garments made of two different kinds of thread (cotton/polyester blend). He also tends to curse and blaspheme a lot. Is it really necessary that we go to all the trouble of getting the whole town together to stone them? - Lev. 24:10-16. Couldn't we just burn them to death at a private family affair like we do with people who sleep with their in-laws? (Lev. 20:14)

I know you have studied these things extensively, so I am confident you can help. Thank you again for reminding us that God's word is eternal and unchanging.

Your devoted disciple and adoring fan.

Jim

10. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    That's frackin awesome!!!

I'm wondering why can't they own Canadians too *L*

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice