Lost

Discussion in 'Free For All' started by 4biddenpleasrs, Aug 11, 2006.

1. 4biddenpleasrs

4biddenpleasrs I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    From MSNBC

Bye-bye hatch, hello answers on ‘Lost’?
    Producers promise season 2 mysteries will be addressed in first 6 shows

KAHUKU, Hawaii - The hatch is history.
    That was just one of the third-season secrets revealed by cast and crew of the TV drama “Lost,” who gathered here Tuesday night to mark the release of the DVD set, “Lost — The Complete Second Season.”
    “The hatch has definitely had its moment,” confirmed executive producer Bryan Burk, referring to the mysterious underground bunker that was the set for much of the series’ second-season drama. “Lets just say it was one big explosion.”
    “Lost” cast members Evangeline Lilly, Jorge Garcia, Josh Holloway, Terry O’Quinn, Daniel Dae Kim and Yunjim Kim were among the attendees at the party at the Turtle Bay Resort, about a 20-minute drive from where much of “Lost” is filmed on the north shore of Oahu.
    Before heading in to celebrate their second-season work, the cast was asked to address their show’s surprising lack of presence among this year’s Emmy nominees. Though it was last year’s Emmy-winning drama, “Lost” was not among the current crop of nominated series, nor were any of its leading actors recognized.
    “My first reaction to it was, ‘Good.’ I don’t want us to become that show that becomes so righteous, so above everything else, that we’re untouchable,” said Lilly, who will serve as a presenter at the Aug. 27 Emmy telecast.
    “When we started, our big question was, ‘Will anybody even watch this show?’ And then when people started watching, we were thrilled. And then when we got recognized critically, we were beside ourselves. So, when we didn’t get nominated, all we had to do was remember where we came from.”
    Writer and executive producer Carlton Cuse told The AP he wasn’t losing sleep about the Emmy snub, either.
    “Were we disappointed that we didn’t get a nomination for the show? Yes.” he said. “But the show has been so blessed: the attention, the success. We’re not going to focus too long on what we don’t have.”
    “Lost” fans can expect some big changes when new episodes return to ABC Oct. 4.
    There won’t be any more frustrating repeats. “Now, when ‘Lost’ is on, it’s on,” Cuse explained. “And when it’s off, it’s off. And when it’s on, you know it’s an original ‘Lost.”’
    The producers said six all-new “Lost” episodes will air in consecutive weeks this fall; the season’s remaining 17 new episodes will be scheduled without interruption from midwinter to late spring.
    As for the story: If the first season was all about the original plane-crash survivors adjusting to their new lives on a deserted island, and the second season was all about the so-called “tailies” (those who were in the tail of the plane, whom the originals had thought were dead), “this year,” Lilly said, “we’ve opened this up to another whole other people, a whole other location, a whole other facet through which we can tell stories.”
    Michael Emerson, who plays the leader of “The Others” group, noted, “What I know is that we get to go live with The Others, where they learn a little more about their life and, hopefully, their mission, their agenda, whatever that might be. Maybe we’ll get to warm up to them.”
    Producer Burk promised that many of the second season’s looming questions would be answered in the first six episodes. But, warned actor Daniel Dae Kim, “I think for every question that’s answered, there’s another one that’s posed, and that’s kind of what keeps people coming back.”
    Cuse said the new season will include more action and adventure, and that new characters could well serve as love interests. And, he added, Sawyer (Holloway) and Jack (Matthew Fox) will definitely be competing for the romantic affections of Kate (Lilly).
    But don’t expect the show to get all soft.
    “There’ll be a lot of love. There’ll be a lot of comedy,” Burk said. “But we can never forget that these people are in a very dark place.”

2. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    bump

3. Ana

Ana Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We saw Lost by Sky every Monday here at Cancun and last Monday was the end of 2nd seasson. I love it and they announce that for us 3rd seasson will come until March 2007 :cry:

4. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    do you think we'd be able to catch lost while we were there?......

5. CancunChica

CancunChica Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We saw the season 2 finale when we were in cancun, i think it was may 24th. We were having someone tape it, but it was on when we were getting ready to go to Nice Shoes (BBG) so we ended up missing the fun cuz we couldnt tear ourselves away from the show.

6. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ok... so the better idea would be to avoid the tv all together.. *L*... we're going to get a few people to tape a few things for us

7. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    just picked up season 2 on DVD yesterday. I don't expect that I'll get much sleep in the next little while getting through it.

:D

8. Mike L.

Mike L. Regular Registered Member

Chicago via Nuevo Vallarta via Canada via Seattle
    Ratings:
    +4 / 0
    Ok Finally I'm jumping back into the Lost chat....

The harshest thing about living in Cancun was having to wait every week for episodes of Lost that everyone outside of Mexico had already seen. I then found a great site and downloaded about 6 episodes including the season finale (a few weeks ago).

I moved to a new place here in Cancun and have crappy cable once again but with a CBS feed from Miami. This means I'll get to see the 3rd season when it starts this October. Man I'm jonesing for Lost.

The hatch has seen it's day but that doesn't mean there aren't more of them that we haven't seen yet on the island (Where do all the "others" go). I'm still freaked out by the Black fog monster. What did it reveal to Mr. Eco and why wasn't he killed by it.

What amazes me also is that our gang of misfits has been killing "others" and their has been no serious retribution until the season finale last year with the capture of the gang. I actually have quite a few unformulated thoughts on a bunch of what's happened but I'll end this post now.

9. 4biddenpleasrs

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    well from the map that Locke found on the blast wall in the hatch we could see that there were definately more hatches.

http://lostlinks.net/images/blastdoor1large.jpg

The Swan - which they're in
    The Staff - which was the med facility that Clare got taken to
    The Flame - between the staff and swan
    The Arrow - in the top of the map.

and at least 2 or 3 other proposed hatches which are marked with the dashed lines. Although the one crossed out between the arrow and the staff might be the fake door that you see at the end of season 2.

Either the Flame or the Arrow is the control center that was found under the drug plane.

From everything I've heard about season 3, we're going to learn alot more about the "others". I expect more questions than answers though.

10. Tbonita

Tbonita Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Adewale Akinnuoye-Agbaje of the hit TV series "Lost" was arrested on a traffic violation in Waikiki this weekend, police said.

The 39-year-old actor, who plays Mr. Eko on the ABC drama, was arrested early Saturday for disobeying a police officer and driving without a license. He posted $500 bail and was released after spending a little more than six hours in jail, police said.

Akinnuoye-Agbaje, who plays a former African drug lord who has taken on the identity of a priest, is the third cast member of "Lost" to be arrested for traffic violations in Hawaii, where the series is shot.

In December 2005, Michelle Rodriguez and Cynthia Watros were arrested for drunken driving. They were arrested in separate cars within 15 minutes of each other. Both pleaded guilty.

Watros, 38, had her license suspended for 90 days, paid a $312 fine and was ordered to undergo alcohol assessment and counseling.

Rodriguez, who had a previous drunken-driving conviction in Los Angeles and two speeding tickets in Honolulu, was sentenced to five days in jail and $357 in fines.

The 28-year-old actress also spent a day in jail in California after her probation was revoked.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice