Los Tigres, playoffs

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by V, Aug 8, 2012.

1. V

V I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    A few hundred I would think

Last night though there must have been several thousand (I could make a better guess if I knew the capacity of the stadium)

Somebody else may have a better sense of this but I suppose the stadium holds five thousand or more and was about 80% packed last night

2. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    V,

Thank you for the update on the playoffs. Going to the games is a great time for a reasonably small amount of money. Watching the games and the people as well as interacting is a great part of being in Cancun.

3. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    CORRECTION V:

We won on a gift of a bases loaded walk.

In three of the four games we won, they pretty much handed us three of them. Bonehead plays gave us two wins and the walked in winning run a third.

4. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Looks like the Tigres have met their match in Veracruz, winners of the first two games of the current series.

Both of the Tigres' loses occurred here, at home, this weekend, and now they go to Veracruz with a need to catch up if they don't want to be eliminated in their quest to repeat as champions of the MBL.

5. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    Down 3-1 in the series against Veracruz, the Tigres won yesterday, 6-1, to bring the do or die series back to Cancun, Saturday!

Be there!

6. GONZO

GONZO Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sure wish I could V! Have fun at the game.

7. V

Ratings:
    +6 / 0
    You didn't miss nothin'

The Tigres got slaughtered and they're done for the year

The difference was the absence of Bobby Cramer: it was a different Tigres team without him

I don't know if it was his contribution to the pitching or his presence or a combination but he made a real difference to how this team played

When he left the team two thirds of the way through the regular season to join the Japanese League I thought it was an ungenerous and unsportmanlike move on his part: staying and seeing the team through to a championship would only have added to his marketability and I consider that he made a mistake not to insist on finishing the season with the team that made his advancement possible

His team mates cannot help but be miffed at this missed opportunity in their lifetimes to repeat as champions of the Mexican Baseball League

I know I am

8. SCMcons

SCMcons Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Sorry to hear about the Tigres. Much like the Red Sox up hear it's wait until next year. They were definitely a different team without Bobby Cramer.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Steve,

We were down 1-0 after 6 and it was a tight game till the top of the 7th. Two errors and two bonehead defensive plays, sandwiched between some well hit balls, and we were down 7-0 at the 7th Inning Stretch. No one was singing "Take me out to the ball game" this time.

At least the company was great. Several old and new friends. One old friend saved two old friends who were late and forgot their cell phones. Friend one called me and waited with them till I could hand off their tix.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice