Los Cabos trip report

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by B & B, Apr 25, 2011.

1. j3

j3 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Hey Rob
    That was a great trip report. With all that is going on at TTR cancun we are looking for another resort where we can have the fun we once had. I guess my question to you is, out of the two resorts could you tell us the one you liked the most. Thanks for your help.

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    at night you can actually sit outside see every star in the sky and enjoy the evening without sweating like a stuck pig.........oh and did i mention

they dont mind if chicks do body shots off of each other

you dont have to make reservations to eat dinner

the staff is second to none

they actually have a beach there

they have have a roof top hot tub three times the size of my swimming pool

...........and it stays open til very late every night

they have security there but they dont act like your mom and dad

when you land at sjd - takes 15 minutes to get to the cab

rob

3. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    its a long story but i will try my best to explain

first and foremost

there is absolutely no comparing these two in my opinion......and the opinion of every one else who was there with us and has also been to both resorts (about 20 people)

Temptation cabo is far and away a much better place (but lets keep this as much of a secret as we can as i dont want a bunch of idiots ruining out little honey hole) in every possible way.

given the choice between the two ------------ there is not even a choice to be made here at all --------- its that much better

----- in fact, i doubt we will ever go back to Temptation cancun (other than to see steve and janet or if our close freinds go for a special occasion and really want us to attend with them)

with that said...

let me give you some background. T and I have been to blue/bay Temptation about 7 times or so and while we really enjoyed our first few stays there ------ the last few left something to be desired

a lot of the same things others bitch about became something we began bitching about as well and since nothing was ever being done to fix it we just said "F' it will spend our money elsewhere............besides t had always wanted to go to cabo and t and i are not those people who wants to get to be 100 and say

"oh shit i wish we had done that"

if we want to do it then we going to do it :)

these things were a major factor in our decison to try temptation cabo:

- the humidity and weather in general
    - the airport
    - having to make reservations to have dinner
    - nightlife in cancun has continued to suck over the last few years (used to be awesome)
    - the lack of time with the people we enjoy
    - the feeling of always having to party 24/7 and run run run run run
    - the lack of feeling like we are on a vacation

and many many more

t and i have siad this over and over and over and so has everyone else

our favorite part about los cabos was the fact that it was ten times more intimate. no matter where everyone was at a given point in time we always felt close. everybody did their own thing and yet we always seemed to be together. i got to spend tons of time with everyone i wanted to spend time with and cant wait for our same time next year trip in april

yes we did body shots and t even let me do one of some smoking hot lady - but it was just a more sophisticated mature kind of fun than in cancun

hope this helps

rob

4. j3

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Rob
    Thanks so much for the info as I knew you would shoot stright with me. We have been to TTR cancun seven times and much like you we were tired of the same thing over and over. With all the BS that is going on there I think its time to move on for us anyway. We were there at the last of April and had a long talk with one of the cast members and she told us things were not the same as they were. I am not going to get on here and bash the place that we fell in love with and spent our hard earned money at. I guess the sad part is we will miss the staff the most becouse we just loved how they treated us and I hope that can be replaced. Thanks again and maybe someday we can buy you and your better half a drink in Cobo.

5. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I think you will find a few of us in the same boat.. I started a thread called, calling all April Addicts and Friends under the TTR Cabo. Brewster and I are hoping to check out Cabo in November and then try to convince a few others to join us in April if we like it .. it just seems so hard to say we would give up April in cancun with out trying cabo first..

6. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1

granted i know that not everyone who has been to cabo will agree with me - i am not that stupid

i am very cautious about encouraging our friends tmac/kat to join us next april as i am not sure if they will see it the same way we do - and i would hate for them to come down and be disappointred and it all be on me :(

and i would feel like shit for telling them to join us and then they have regrets

when i mentioned to him about going to cabo instead of cancun last year

- he just said "if it aint broke dont fix it"

they enjoy cancun so much that i think i am just going to say "tmac/kat - would love you guys to join us i think you will like it"

..........and then let them be the judge

anyway..........

it was hard for us to beleive that we could find a place that could replace Temptation cancun as well as we loved that sexy vibe was worried it might not be there in cabo

it is its just a little more subtle

t and i often talk about life in terms of chapters in a book

we loved the chapters at blue/bay Temptation cancun and treasure those memories.........we have now started a new chapter though :)

maybe will see you n april :)

rob

7. beach<3R

beach<3R Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +22 / 0
    Thanks so much for all the info. We just returned from our second trip to TTR Cancun and are planning on TTR Cabo in November for our 25th anniversary. Everything you've said about it gets us that much more excited!!!

8. Deleted member 12579

Deleted member 12579 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0

9. Isku

Isku Enthusiast Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank You Miranda..

Cleared that up for us.

Isku

10. j3

Ratings:
    +43 / 0
    Rob,
    I am like you, everyone has to make their own choice. We like alot of the cancun regulars hate to make a change but once you get bit by all that fun and how nice the people you meet are you hate to loose that.Life is funny the way people walk in and out of your life.I think we may look at going to cobo in Aug. and see if we like. When you were there was it mostly couples or do let singles in also? I looked at some of the pictures you put up and it looks like a beautiful.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice