Los Cabos trip report

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by B & B, Apr 25, 2011.

1. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    I am going to try this again, third attempt here, so if I screw it up again, I give up.

So this was Barb and My 7th trip to TTR Mexico, 5 to Cancun and 2 to Cabos. This ranks up at or near the top of all of our other vacations. The biggest contributor to that is meeting and hanging out with the wonderful people that we got to spend so much of our time with.

I am going to start with our privately chartered booze cruise that Rob arranged on the Wednesday night, I will start here because all of the people on it contributed so much to our vacation being as great as it was.

Harold and Bobby whom we shared the entire trip with from a mimosa at their house before the trip began to the ride home at the end of the vacation, thank you so much for making the trip what it was. Rob and T, Poppy and Lisa, (Poppy was my "brother from a different mother" all week, in fact we had a few people comment that we must be related), Jill, Paul and Heather, Rick and Faye, Mike and Marnel, Brian and Teresa whom on a milestone anniversary (their 10th), spent it with us, all of these people have been active members of this board and it was so great as we had pre-met or chatted so much leading up to this vacation. Then there was Danny and Christina, Dave and Jen, Stuart and Sondra and Chad and Stacey, the 25 of us had a great time on the cruise.

"Two Brother's from a different Mother"

[​IMG]

Starting from the marina we went out to the famous arch and then past the biggest yacht I have ever seen, out into the water where the sea of Cotez ends and the Pacific Ocean begins. We spent 2-3 hours out there enjoying the evening, having a few drinks, dancing and looking at the fabulous views provided by Los Cabos. When we came back to shore we headed into Cabos Wabos, we did some dancing and hanging out there before we began to separate, some of us headed back while others went to Squid Roe.

The Famous Arch

[​IMG]

Huge Yacht

[​IMG]

I have digressed here however, but mainly to throw a Hello and Thank you out to so many of you that contributed so much to our vacation. I digressed because this all happened on Wednesday, but by no means was it the beginning or end of the trip.

On Sunday we were at Ediths restaurant, once again Rob had prearranged this, reservations at the restaurant and transportaion from the hotel to the restaurant. Barb and I shared a meal of lobster, shrimp and steak, we also shared in the ambiance and laughs and good times of new friends. We were enjoying this so much that the table behind us of complete strangers were taking pictures and laughing with us.

Dinner at Edith's

[​IMG]

view from outside Edith's

[​IMG]

Most of the week we just hung out by the pool in the morning, went up to the Hot Tub in the early afternoon and tried to make it up at night time, we had mixed success making it up in the evening. We went body surfing in the ocean a couple of times, never went out to far however. One evening Barb and I went into San Jose Del Cabo, we had missed going in with the entire group, but enjoyed ourselves as it was, having another steak and lobster dinner and just wandering around.

This covers most of the vacation, a few other people that we met that contributed to it with apologies in advance if I have forgotten your names, were Amy and Kerry, Greg and his wife, Tommy, Matt and Christine and their friends, just a fabulous group of people all around.

I want to give a personal thank you to Rob and T. They are an absolutely wonderful couple. Rob started arranging this about a year ago, he had dinner at Edith's and transportation all booked, he arranged the private charter for the booze cruise when we realized that we would have enough. Rob recieves a lot of accolades for his contributions to this board, and they are all well deserved, but from a personal heartfelt perspective, Rob, thanks so much for the efforts and time you put into making this vacation as great as it was.

Rob and T

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Finally, and most importantly I want to recognize one person who more than anyone else combined makes a vacation what it is. My wife, my life, my love, Barb. Without her in my life, no vacation could come close to matching the experiences in my life I have captured, the memories, the occassional bad times, the frequent good times, all of life's ups and downs, Barb has shared with me. Sometimes I can get a little goofy and on trips such as this one, many times it feels like we are moving at 90 miles an hour. Barb knows when to let me go and when to apply the brakes and for this I thank you.

[​IMG]

Here's looking at us kid...

[​IMG]

Anyone reading this, if you are ever considering Cabos, just do it, Cancun is fun, no doubt, but for a change of pace, to see a beautiful part of the world, to do as much or as little as you want, I can't emphasize enough how great this place is.

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    just made it home :)

excellent trip report bob

we absolutely loved meeting you two

its been said "we could all have a great time in a holiday inn in meridian, mississippi" but the reality is this place made it even better

as i look back over the last several years and i reflect on all the trips to blue bay/temptaion i am constantly reminded of how many wondeful people we have met but this year in los cabos may have beat all the others combined

so many great people (both cancuncare people and infidels alike)

an excellent example would be the commit/show ratio on the "all the pretty ladies" Boobs Cruise

25 committed and 25 showed up (albeit the last 2 had to join us in dramatic fashion of course :))

i dont mean to sound too obtuse, but when i read the reports/complaints from the other resort i am reminded of the many reasons t and i decided to go to los cabos this time

i find very little if anything i can complain about Temptation los cabos (trip report to follow in a few days)

the only thing i can think of where i would give cancun a SLIGHT edge over los cabos would be the games..............but t and i do not go on vacation to sit around the pool and laugh at people making fools of themselves for 15 minutes two times per day

if we wanted to do that we could just go up the street to the improv..........get a full three hours of it there............drive home afterwards..........sleep in our own bed.................and save ourselves 3000 dollars in the process

i mean really..........

as much as i enjoy chinos and the gang at cancun.............if i got to base my decision on going to cancun on him and him alone - then i need to get a fucking life

anyway bob you know me well now and have come to appreciate my little rants

:)

all i can say is this...........

SAME TIME NEXT YEAR MY FRIEND!!!!!

please remind all to check their emails for our home address so that everyone can send their pics to us asap so we can get them back to everyone- if all will send tomorrow - i will commit to having them back out by next monday :)

bob and barb :)
    [​IMG]

rob/t

Last edited: Apr 25, 2011
  3. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    thought you might appreciate this one bob :)

ill just call it

"all the pretty ladies"

lol

[​IMG]

4. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    That's fabulous, lol, that is actually what I was going to name my trip report.

"Uh oh oh, ALL the pretty ladies, all the pretty ladies, ALL the pretty ladies"

(to the tune of singles ladies put a ring on it.)

5. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    btw

the day after you left the "the daily clouds in the sky count" for the week went up from 3 clouds to 4 clouds for the entire week - :)

rob

6. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    sorry i agreed for me you and poopy to take the pole dancing class :)

[​IMG]

7. vacationfun2

vacationfun2 I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +346 / 1
    Thanks for the great information and pictures. We took a family vacation just a few resorts away from Desire/TTR a few years ago, I do not think that we even saw 4 clouds.

It appears that all had a great time. If a cancuncare group make plans for next year, we will give it strong consideration. Thanks again for the reports.

8. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    it was by far.........even with the delay getting home and having to stay in houston...............our best vacation ever. i am looking forward to writing our trip report on the entire vacation in the morning....... and i will stop just short of saying that t and i have made our last trip to cancun..........as you never know what might happen

:)

but for us there is not even a decision to be made in this regard - not even a slight question or hint at reservation about it - we will book our return trip to cabo for what we are calling the "same time next year" trip within the next couple of months :)

to each their own when they select a vacation spot - people have a wide variety of interests and what makes a great vacation for one does not a great vacation make for all - thats why there are so many vacation options out there :)

people see things differently and experience life differently

but for us........and pretty much everyone we met there (cancuncare people/cancuncare wannabeeez & infidels)

next year its same bat channel same bat time :)

look forward to you guys considering joining us there next april

would be a pleasure

rob/t

9. J4

J4 Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +38 / 0
    Rob,

This is exactly how we feel after returning home from cabo!

"....... and i will stop just short of saying that t and i have made our last trip to cancun..........as you never know what might happen."

Cancun is a blast, Cabo is a gem.

10. diamondheaded

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    joe

had very high expectations going in and when that happens i typically have a major let down - but this place exceeded even my highest expectations.

granted i know it has a lot has to do with the incredible people we went with and met there but at this point in my life i have to come to the realization that to have great fun with great people - it does not hurt to also have a large number of other factors which contribute.

i always say if you are going to have a great time or a great party then put as many things as you can in place to enourage and atmosphere that will allow that to happen

i feel as though Temptation los cabos does a great job of putting things in place to allow it all to come together

rob

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice