Los Cabos trip report 2012

Discussion in 'Temptation Cancun' started by B & B, Apr 9, 2012.

1. B & B

B & B Guru Registered Member

The Hub of the Niagara Pennisula, Ontario
    Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Another trip done and in the books, but with memories to last a life time. I seen Steve will be closing this forum shortly, regrettable but understandable, we would never have gone the first time if it wasn't for Cancuncare and now we have just finished trip number three.

The weather was perfect, the construction distractions were minimal, the people were truly awesome, the surrounding environs is what makes us like this place so much.

In total there was I believe 22 of us that hung out constantly, there was 10 of us that flew in from Toronto, 4 from Dallas, (including Rob and T), 2 from Baltimore, 2 from Los Angeles, 2 from British Columbia and 2 from Houston, I believe that covers everyone, sincere apologies if I have missed anyone.

Rob had arranged a dinner at the sunset da mona lisa (Home) which was fantastic, the views, the meal, the ambiance, everything about the place was fabulous, and the planning Rob put into it was out of this world, transportation there and back, dinner to be done right when the sun went down, everything was fantastic and I would like to thank Rob and Tonya for the efforts they put into this and into everything. This was on Sunday.

Tuesday we had a boobze cruise arranged, again courtesy of the extraordinary efforts of Rob and T, again, thanks guys for your efforts. We cruised a double deckered catamaran from the marina in San Jose del Cabo to the marina in Cabo San Lucas, along the way we observed whales frolicking along side of us, we witnessed the fantastic views of the sea shore and the mountainous horizons, all the while we were celebrating Rob (of Rob and Steph)'s birthday. We hit Cabo at sunset and observed the views over the arch and then had dinner and a trip to Cabo Wabo. Rob also went out of his way and produced maps for everyone for a five bar tour, we did not partake in it, but again, the efforts did not go un-noticed.

Wednesday was retro day and night around the pool and the grounds, tons of laughs and fun, we went to the disco that night and I think we finished the evening in the hot tub. Monday evening we ventured into town and ate dinner at Shooters in San Jose del Cabo, we got to talk with Doug and discovered some pretty interesting things about him, some of which others may or may not share, but we got pictures with him just in case.

We did another lunch time beach stroll later in the week again to Shooters, some of us went to Zippers, one evening we went for steak and lobster in town, Steak and lobster for myself, Filet Mignon for my Barb and a couple of beers came to 42.50 US, the quality and economics were fantastic, the bar is also owned by a transplanted Calgarian, it's a sports bar and was even showing curling, not that I am a fan, just amazed to see it down in Mexico.

Friday our last day, we went into town for souvenirs and gifts, back to the resort for drinks and good times, had some good Canadian Rye with Bobbie and Harold and Rick and Nadine, slept from 5-7 and Rob woke us for more festivities and Karaoke, and then the 360 party we ended up staying up until 4:00 am, slept from 4 until 8 am and had to finish packing to be able to leave by 10:30, just about completely recovered our sleep now.

The staff is fantastic, my favourite bartender Alex, Cruz at the front, the waiter at breakfast restaurant for getting me coffee and tea at 4:30 in the morning before anything opened.

With the format of the resort changing I am not sure if we will be back. I love the area, and I love the adults only, mild risqueness that goes with the TTR format, I am not sure if I want the Desire format. I believe that with another group of us similar to this week's we could go again, but I guess time will tell. Also as it will now be leaving this board I am not sure if I will be able to observe and stay relevant on what is happening down there.

I have produced an album, Los Cabos 2012 if anyone wants to view some of the sunset's and stuff, if anyone sees anything they would like removed let me know.

I would personally like to thank everyone that contributed to the memories that this trip has created. Doug and Misty, Rob and Steph, Dave and Jen, Stuart and Sondra, Poppy and Lisa, our friends from the Toronto area, Rick and Faye, Rick and Nadine, Terry and Cindy, a special thanks to Bobbie and Harold for always knowing the answers to all our questions and for just being a part of our vacation. Of course a huge thanks to Rob and Tonya for just being the special people that you are, and finally and most importantly, a great big hug and kiss to my beautiful, sexy wife, fantastic travelling companion, my partner in crime (if what we do is a crime) for being you and for always being there for me.

Thanks

2. diamondheaded

diamondheaded I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +3 / 1
    nice bob

will add my two cents in a couple of days

those wishing to share pics - please get them to me via federeal express, zip file or any other means - will hare only with those who shared too.... via flickr and picture cd - will mail cd on saturday at the very latest :)

one picture of a thousand plus to get the others - simply share yours :)

[​IMG]

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice