Looking for Washer/Dryer

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Kris in Cancun, Jun 5, 2008.

1. Kris in Cancun

Kris in Cancun Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I found my stove this way, so thought I'd give it another try. I am looking for a gently used washer/dryer...just can't stand the lavandarias anymore. If anyone knows of someone looking to sell a nice set, I would appreciate it!

Thanks,
    Kris

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Kris - Just wait 5 minutes for another ex-pat to give up on living here and decide to sell everything and leave. The best is when someone really thinks they are going to love it here and buys all new everything and then 4 months later they are selling all that nice new stuff and running back to the states.

But the worst is when they come here and adopt an animal and then decide to go back to the states without it. The next time I get an email from some dingbat loser ex-pat who wants me to help find a home for an animal that they shouldn't be abandoning I swear I will put a curse on them.

Didn't mean to hi-jack your post. On May 26 I sent an IWC email (you are on that list right?) about a moving sale. That lady has a washer and dryer for sale I think. Let me know if you want me to resend that email.

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hey Kris,

A girl at work is selling an 8 month old samsung digital washing machine, she's moving to another state so she's selling everything, I think she's asking about 2400 pesos. No dryer though mate, use the sun!

4. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    matkirk- I gave up on trying to dry anything here without a dryer, the humidity seems to stick, NOTHING dries before it gets all smelly. Towels especially, blech.

I say get the dryer, lol.

5. Kris in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I've got a heads up on a stackable...definitely need both washer and dryer! Will hope it works out! Thanks!

6. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    If you have clothesline here (outside where there's wind but not much sun) then it's fine to live dryer-free. If you have to hang your clothes inside a laundry room in an apartment then you are in trouble without a dryer here.

7. Kris in Cancun

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thanks for the replies, guys. I found a gently used stackable and its already been brought to my house! Whoo Hoo!!...back to doing my own laundry!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice