looking for room or studio in Cancun city (Jan-Mar)

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by lovesfood, Dec 17, 2008.

1. lovesfood

lovesfood Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello,

I'm looking to rent a studio (or become a roommate) in Cancun city this winter. I'm professional, clean, and proper. I'm 33 years old.

I'm planning to spend 3 months (Jan 1st - Mar 31st) in Cancun to study. I also require internet access since I will be studying from home (on the computer).

Please let me know if you have a place for rent or can help me find one. I don't speak Spanish yet ;) I'm not very picky but here is what I'm looking for:

- ideally south of Jose Lopez Portillo Ave, close to the hotel zone
    - must have high speed internet (or at least an option to arrange that)
    - walking distance to grocery store
    - must have appliances for cooking and laundry
    - I can afford up to 3000 pesos per month

I will be arriving on the 28th of Dec. Any comments will be greatly appreciated.

Thank you,
    Martin

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    I think the room mate / shared accomodation option will be your best bet. Most rentals require an FM3 and are not normally rented out for periods as short as 3 months. Also 3,000 pesos is probably not enough to rent a place outright (not one you would want to live in anyway).

Most of the locals here in the forum tend to be families / established couples etc who have lived here a while rather than transitory so not sure how many will have the type of accomodation you're looking for themselves but hopefully someone can point you in the right direction of where to look.

3. jenleib

jenleib Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I have my studio (furnished, equipped with phone and internet) and I rent it by month or even week. But it is much more than 3000 pesos.

Good luck

4. sofi

sofi Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There is a website called easyroomate, that caters for people that want a shared place. You might have to pay to get quicker access to ads as the good places tend to go quickly, but I think its the best bet.
    Good luck!!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice