Looking for private tutor

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by TiffanyonIsla, Oct 20, 2008.

1. TiffanyonIsla

TiffanyonIsla Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hello! I am an American single mother working on Isla Mujeres and I have a 14 year old son who needs a tutor. He could cross over to Cancun on his own and take a taxi to your home and back. He is enrolled in a U.S. based homeschool program that already has a set curriculum.

Here is what I need:
    * English speaker who can teach him Spanish as well
    * 3-5 days per week from 9am(ish) to 3pm(ish). Hours are negotiable.
    * have private home with internet access (he has a laptop)
    * be willing to read the material, make lesson plans and follow-up with home school teacher.
    * be good at having ethical discussions and teach open points of view (based on the reading materials)
    * be willing to get out of the house and find social situations that can help build his social awareness (you will have a social allowance each week to play with)
    * be willing to deal with a 14 year old boy with bad self-esteem and who is socially immature
    * be a positive role model
    * commit to the position until at least July '09
    * be able to start right away

He is a great kid once you get to know him :) Actually he is very intelligent and wonderful, but it takes a bit of time to get to know him.

Please call or email me if you are interested or please pass on my information to someone who might be:

Tiffany Lanier
    (998) 203-6830 cell
    Tiffany@SunHorseWeddings.com

2. TraceyUk

TraceyUk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 1
    If you contact the International American school they have a list of tutors- but I imagine it may be difficult to find one able to commit to the hours you require.
    Good Luck
    Tracey

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice