Looking for Cancun LASIK surgery recommendations...

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Life_N_Cancun, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Nuno

Nuno Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    i was like blind before i got lasik and im happy with the results

i paid close to 3800usd like 1 year ago and it was the best thing ive done in my life

highly recommended if you find someone you trust

2. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Looks like that's bad info.. I went there today to see if they had any frames for the $300 peso glasses I bought there a year and a half ago... they did have the exact same frames..... $580 pesos... and the 'package" with lenses was $880... so they've gone up 300% in that time.. :eek::eek::eek: and I didn't see any cheaper prices than that.. so I'm withdrawing my recommendation for them.. When I told the girl there that I had bought the glasses there complete for $300 (I think is was $280 actually) she looked at me like I was on crack.. so I guess they've had higher prices for a while... :( I suspect they may have changed owners... or I got a really good sale price and didn't realize it... kinda wish I had ordered two pairs now lol

3. Benuk

Benuk Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea I picked up Fridas today as she needs to wear them for a week before getting the laser done and the cheapist most ugly glass was 900 Peso in the sale!. Never mind she needed them anyhow as can't wear contacts a week before.

4. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well sorry about that.. hopefully they weren't too ugly for that price.. really irritates me a bit though because I know they only pay a few dollars for the frames in my glasses then ask $580 for them.. the little dollar stores have the same cheap frames from time to time in their sunglasses, so I'll just keep an eye out for ones with the same lens shape if I don't end up getting lasik myself soon...

5. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    No worrys dude, its some thing she needed either way so still cheaper then England :)

6. v8eyedoc

v8eyedoc Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Remember that there are no "BARGAINS" in brain surgery OR parachutes...!!!!

WOW!!!! After reading this thread regarding LASIK and people looking for bargains.....!!! AND also expecting a proficient ophalmologist to do the best procedure....makes me laugh.....almost out loud!

As a high skilled American optometrist with many patients having undergone LASIK with excellent results, I perform all the post-op follow-up visits for the surgeon... I have heard many horror stories with people price shopping....! Remember, these ARE your eyes we are talking about.

Quality & good results does cost money.......OK.....maybe not as much in Cancun as in the USA....but....the last thing I would be doing is searching for the "guy who does it the cheapest...!"

Just my opinion - only...........

7. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree, we have booked up with the above on in Cancun after many people have reccomened it.

Like I said a while back, you see adverts online boasting £400 per eye, you go to there free meeting and it turns out too be £2000 odd per eye. thats what we have seen anyhow.

8. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We are going on Monday, shes a little nervous but we are looking forward to the results. :)

9. Gringation

Gringation Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Let us know how it goes! I wanna do it myself soon :) Good luck

10. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Have fun! I'm sure everything will go just fine.. we'll expect a full report from you when you get back :icon_mrgreen:

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice