Looking for Cancun LASIK surgery recommendations...

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by Life_N_Cancun, Jul 7, 2010.

1. Benuk

Benuk Regular Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    We went there today and the doctor seems very friendly and kind, we are booked in for next thursday to see whats what. Thanks. :)

2. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    OK we are popping in tomorrow afternoon to have a tests done, Said it was 500 peso, but that money would be taken out there final cost of treatment if we go ahead with the treatment. Will will have to buy her some cheap glass's to wear for a week before the treatment as she wears contacts. Any suggestions?. Cheaper the better, no care for style haha.

3. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    You can get cheap glasses for around $300 pesos at the place at wal-mart... but it will take several days or a week to get them made.. I don't know of any Lens Crafters "in about an hour" kind of places here..... I'm surprised that she doesn't already own a pair.... I can't stand to wear contacts all the time and when I'm home I don't.... you also never know when you're going to lose one so I keep a pair of glasses in the car too... In any event let us know how it goes.. I sort of thought I'd have to not wear my contacts for some time even before the initial test so that my eyes are their "normal" shape.... am I wrong?

4. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yea the amount of time before the tests is 24 hours then 1 week before the op is done. with her job glass's are just to hard. She does sport, Swim and Ents in general. Thats a very good price at Walmart, where in no rush to get them as its a good few weeks until she will getting it done. :) Thanks for the advice.

5. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Update.

Had the tests done, he was very very good and spoke perfect English, found at Fridas eyes are -6.75 and she had been using -6.50 so very slightly worse then we thought. We was told before the tests the surgery charge would be 17000 to 23000 pesos so was very happy when he said the price would only be 16000 peso -500 we paid for the tests. This was because part of her eyes was either thick or thin or somthing I have no understanding of!.
    He said anything above 6.5 they have a 88% Chance of perfect visoin and worst case it will be far better then she has now being 92% perfect vison.
    We was quoted £1795 PER EYE, thats pretty much 70000 Peso for both eyes in England so a MASSIVE saving. We are going to go ahead next month once she has finished work. :)

6. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Well that's good news for you. I don't feel nearly as blind with my -1.75 now lol... hopefully everything will work out perfectly for her... I guess I'll start saving my pesos since no one seems to know of a more affordable place to have it done...

7. rawkus

rawkus I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Great news, Ben!! :)

Tell her "lycka till" from me :xyxthumbs:

Ps. We should grab that beer soon enough.

8. Benuk

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She said "Lycka Till" means good luck and thank you!.

Pmed you Re: Beer.

9. T.J.

T.J. I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Life,
    If you are talking about Magruder Eye Clinic in Central Florida, that is where I think I would go. They are well thought of and reasonable according to the guy I have gone to for 30 years for my contacts.

Where I would NOT go is where our friend D, went but I did not ask where that was. D as in the owner of where you, R and I have met up from time to time.

10. Life_N_Cancun

Life_N_Cancun Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    TJ, I'm not sure of the name of the place my mom went, but I remember it was supposed to be one of the best. It was in the Tampa Bay area so I don't think it was the one you mentioned.. as for "D" I haven't ever asked him about Lasik, but perhaps I will next time I run into him...

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice