Looking for *ANY* work!!!

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by dbpass, Aug 5, 2007.

1. dbpass

dbpass Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi guys! :cool:
    I'm Denis from Italy and i'm 30 years old guy :wink:

I'd like to leave Italy and estabilish in some cool place, and Cancun could be the right choose!
    So, i'm looking for a work there and a house (or room, it depends).
    I got experiences as PC's technical assistance (hardware and software) and as waiter (in lots of restaurants and high prestigious hotels).

I know english (web/school learning) and, obviously, italian :lol: .

I haven't no preferences about work, i can only told u i learn pretty fast, so any work could be cool for me. I just want to come and live there in Cancun.

If someone can help me or know some place or ppl to ask to, just tell

:wink:

ty all and c ya :-o

DeNiS

2. Steve

Steve Administrator Owner

Ratings:
    +7,194 / 14
    Hi Denis,
    your best chance is to try and get into something like Hotel Ents staff, Timeshare sales or maybe a diving instructor (obviously specific skills required there). Your English is a plus point, as is your Italian - quite a few Italian tourists here.

Computer skills are not really sought after, waiter jobs are poorly paid and will 99.9% of the time go to Mexicans.

My honest opinion is the only way to get a job here is to come with enough money for a couple of months and a safe return home. Buy the newspaper, network with people that already live here and pound the streets. If you dont find a suitable job within a couple of months then you probably never will.

It's a dream that many people aspire to, but very few succeed.

3. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Hi Denis, how is your Spanish? If it is reasonable I might be able to get you a start at the company i work for.

4. Drewbert

Drewbert Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With your language skills, you're probably better off looking at Playa del Carmen rather than Cancun.

5. dbpass

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    hi guys and really thx 4 ur answers! :D

@Steve
    Hi Steve, i know it's very hard, and i also that livin' there is a dream that many ppl aspire to, but very few succeed :roll: ..
    Btw, if i decide to come there i will sure come with enough money for some months.

@matkirk
    Hi mat, my skill in Spanish is = 0 at the moment, but if i'm pretty sure to come there, when i decide to do that, i will 100% learn Spanish; and i think it will be pretty easy, cause it's very similar to italian! :cool: :)
    Btw for which company do u work there?

@Drewbert
    Hi Drew, how about Playa del Carmen?

thx again all, guys

c ya

Denis :cool:

6. NormsKid

NormsKid Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would have to agree with Drewbert, look into Playa del Carmen. You might find something there sooner than in Cancun.

There is another job that Steve didn't mention that you might qualify for and that is teaching english as a second language.

Something that I know a few Ex-Pats did prior to moving to Cancun, they took extended vacations there 3months, 6 months, to sorta get a feel for what it's like living there and do some networking and see what the job market was like. Those that I know did that, are still in Cancun today.

The ex-pats in Cancun tend to be a VERY friendly group willing to help just about anyone. I would seriously consider an extended stay.....especially if you have never been to Cancun before.

Michelle

7. dbpass

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Cool, then i will surely ask to them when i decide to come there! :cool:

Btw, how can i find italians livin' in Playa del Carmen on the net, in order to talk about those wonderful places and ask something? Do u know some of them, or if they got an internet community? Does some1 got msn, or something else u know?

Really thx for your infos Steve :D

c Ya
    DeNiS

8. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    There's a good Playa del Carmen forum at www.playa.info . It's a much more "European" community in PDC, your Italian will be an advantage there.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice