Looking for a job in Cancun

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by BigRo819, Jun 7, 2007.

1. BigRo819

BigRo819 Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm a 19 year old bilingual mexican american looking for a job in Cancun (zona hotelera). I've wanted to live in Mexico for a looong time and now that I am done with school I can finally do it. I have family in Mexico D.F., so i know what Mexico is like, I go there every summer, i know the lingo and what the people are like. I am a certified personal trainer here in northern virginia and I have good experience with customer service and sales, I am only 19 but every job I've had was in sales or customer service. I'm basically ready to live life to the fullest and I want to start at a beautiful city like Cancun.

Rchaparro@shcorp.com

ps.
    i have a dual citizenship(US/MX)

2. CancunCanuck

CancunCanuck Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Perfectly bilingual, legally Mexican? The world is your oyster my friend, you are young and just what most hotels are looking for. Aim high!

Here's the best place to start....
    http://www.prensaescrita.com/america/quintanaroo.php

That provides links to all the local papers, start checking out the classifieds. Good luck!

3. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    She is right, you'll have an easy time if you have permission to work here, are Mexican and American and are bilingual. Just be sure to look when the hotels are hiring, you'll have more choices then. If you look at Christmas time, for example, no one is hiring then.

4. BigRo819

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Thank you so much!!

5. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    Fairfax VA, eh? I graduated from James Robinson H.S. and then from George Mason University. And am Mexican-American (but, really am Tejano). Small world, eh?

6. BigRo819

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    right on, still no luck with the jobs but ill keep looking!! most of the jobs open are jobs locals will get =[

7. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Dual citizenship? If so, then yes, people who are there will get the jobs, but once there, you won't have the hassles of limited jobs that foreigners do.

No matter how qualified you are, you have to be there to apply.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice