Looking for a Condo Administrator

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by mixz1, Aug 15, 2008.

1. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Short version: Condominium in the south end of the ZH. 18 villas. Looking for an experienced condominium administrator. Any suggestions and/or Referrals appreciated.

2. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I'm sorry I can't refer anyone. Vic (Cancun Valet) did a great job with a condo owned by one of my clients. But I think his schedule is too full now.

My best advice is to find other people renting in the same building and see if their prop manager is any good. It just doesn't make sense to manage only one unit in a building, your life gets taken over by the property if you do.

3. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Err...I'm confused, RG. This isn't a building. It's a condo of eighteen 2 and 3 bedroom houses, 3 swimming pools and a large common area with palapa, barbeque, etc. We're not looking for someone to look after a single unit. We're looking for accounting, banking and taxation, maintenance supervision, personnel supervision, supply procurement, payroll, etc.

4. cancunroberto

cancunroberto Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    real property management

cancun plaza went with them in feb. the who;e building is painted, new pool chairs, new phone lines etc. i mean honest and perfect the womans name is Ina german company is Real property management there in downtown cancun

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    My bad Mix, I thought you wanted a prop manager for one unit.

6. gabesz

gabesz Addict Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Condo administator

Skip the Cancun Plaza manager. Overpriced and has issues in other complexes they manage that will make your hair stand on ends. Too much bad baggage. There are others out there who are much better.

7. mixz1

mixz1 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Re: Condo administator

Yikes! Can you elaborate? If you want to do it in a PM instead of public post that would be okay.

8. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I too have heard horror stories about the management at Cancun Plaza.

9. Mojito

Mojito Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I agree with CancunRoberto. I am also an owner at Cancun Plaza and so far, the new administration (since February 08) has done a very good job. Cancun Plaza has had a less than stellar reputation in recent years - and understandably so. But... take a drive past the building and you will see a somewhat improved CCP - huge amounts of rebar that was exposed and dangerous has been fixed, the entire building has been painted, and the common areas are well taken care of - (unfortunately, I can't speak for all individual condos though). Ina took over administration and had a HUGE mess on her hands including a very divided group of owners. So far, she has handled everything thrown at her with integrity and professionalism. In fact, to me it's almost a miracle what she has accomplished in less than 6 months. Although all is not yet perfect, for the first time since I have been at CCP, I personally have an optomistic feeling about the direction our little community is heading. Although Ina may not be the proper fit for your condos, IMHO, it is worthwhile for you to check into Real Management and form your own opinion. From my limited personal experience - Ina gets a glowing recommendation from me. She's done in 6 months what our other two previous administrators could not accomplish in the 3 years I've been an owner. Selecting a good administrator is an important and difficult job. I hope you find one that fits the personality of your condo community. Good luck!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice