look 4 a job, 5 years experience in tourism, 5 languages, ..

Discussion in 'Living in Cancun' started by jeanfrisco, Sep 7, 2007.

1. jeanfrisco

jeanfrisco Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Belgian couple is looking for a job in Cancun. We both have more than 5 years experience in Tourism, Sales and leading positions. We both speak fluently 5 languages. She has a Tourism Diplom, he a Marketing-Sales Diplom. Every serious offer is welcome (hotel, tours, rep, sales, B&B, tourism/holiday agence, ...)

greetz

2. Michael F.

Michael F. Moderator/1st CC Member Registered Member

Ratings:
    +1 / 0
    perhaps candidates for time-share sales? :?

3. gbchayctca

gbchayctca Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    With your language skills and experience, I'm sure that you will be able to find a job after poking around.

However, I'm confused. Doesn't it usually happen the other way around? As in, the job seeker pounding the pavement or Internet looking for openings and applying or visiting companies and making contacts there? I didn't know that one could put it out there and wait for "serious offers."

Anywho, best of luck.

4. cunspin

cunspin Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Melissa, you always manage to put into words exactly what i was thinking just in a far more PC/nice way than I ever could.

5. RiverGirl

RiverGirl Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    jeanfrisco - If what you say is true you will likely find work here. But you should come here to look. This is not a job board, it's a community board; we're friends here, we can give advice but not jobs.

6. jeanfrisco

jeanfrisco Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Ok, thanks for the quick reactions. It´s indeed a bit strange to put this request on this board but it´s just to get an idea, I don´t want to take the risk to fly to Cancun (1000€ pp to fly from Brussels) and to find out that there´s no chance. But these reactions seem to be positive.

Gracias a todos.

7. matkirk

matkirk Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I would point out that it is low season now, so jobs are tougher to come by right now. but the job market will pick up again in a couple of months.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice