Locks for luggage

Discussion in 'Cancun Forum' started by EngineerGuy, Feb 28, 2008.

1. BCstandsFor

BCstandsFor I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I will lock my stuff up. I may have bottles in there cant have my drinks missing.

2. Tips The Cancun Legend

Tips The Cancun Legend Guru Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Yo Bro, You are way to obsessed with this whole bottle thing! LOL

3. johnny B

johnny B Newbie Registered Member

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I use the industrial plastic zip ties that have to be cut off when I get to the hotel, if the customs agents want in they have to cut them off in front of me

4. BCstandsFor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Isee Moet in my future...one way or the other.

5. EpSpecial15

EpSpecial15 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Here is the correct answer for all of you about locks...

TSA approved luggage locks can provide great convenience to those who want to keep the contents of their luggage secure. While you can use a normal lock to lock your suitcase, the TSA has the right to cut it off. Thus if your luggage is inspected and you have TSA approved luggage locks, you still have a lock after the inspection. Also, if anything is missing from your suitcase after an inspection, you can file a claim for it with greater ease. Lastly, if TSA approved luggage locks are cut off, most companies that sell them offer a lifetime replacement.

So, you can use any types of locks but they may/may not have to cut them off. I am going to take my chances and use regular locks...

6. Greta

Greta Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I always lock mine too... Jason, I just bought some of the TSA locks.. Go to WALMART.. They are in the luggage department.. LIke $5 for 3 or 4 TSA approved locks...

7. EngineerGuy

EngineerGuy I can choose my own title Registered Member

Ratings:
    +2 / 0
    Bought mine today at walmart, 3 of them for 5 dollars! Great deal!!

8. BCstandsFor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    I got a few TSA today too. But still could'nt you just go to the Airport with nothing on it, let them search it, and THEN put your regular non tsa locks on?

Because I was thinking how many other people could possibly have a TSA key.

9. carrie77

carrie77 Guest

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    Keep in mind that baggage handlers make little money, so your club kicks may disappear, for example. For that reason, I always use the TSA locks. Mine are labeled with a three digit code, which leads me to believe that there may be different locks, so maybe not everyone with a TSA lock can get into mine.

BC: The inspection we're talking about is your checked baggage, after it leaves your possession. Not your carry-on. TSA has the right to randomly inspect any and all luggage before the airlines put it on the plane.

NOTE: When my honey opened his suitcase last year when we arrived in Florida, there was a slip of paper saying that TSA had randomly inspected his suitcase. The locks were locked back up.

10. BCstandsFor

Ratings:
    +0 / 0
    ooooooooh, that sux. good thing I got the locks. I was actually on the fence with getting them today, and I said..."screw it let me just do it any way"........"phew"

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice